Main Menu

Thank You For Your Service

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, November 11, 2022, 07:44:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Yes...Thanks to all of you who served/are serving. I'm from  :canada: but this thanks goes out to all vets and currently serving men and women of all countries.

To those from the USA...I noticed a day or two ago it was the 247th birthday of the Marine Corps.  :clapping:

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mixup7071

I just wish more people could understand that they can do what they do because of the Veterans did what they did.... Thank you Veterans

tman

:unitedstates: Thanks to the Vets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70/6chall

There were three great aircraft carriers built the same time.
One-was the USS Midway, CVA-41, now a museum in San Diego Ca. Known thru print and film.
Second-was the USS Coral Sea, CVA-43 also a well known carrier.
Third- was the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, CVA-42, this one was my home for two years during my tour with the U.S.Navy from 1968-1971, Vietnam War era. This one is near to my heart. We had a job to do and..............We did it!   Thanks,   Al

Aloha Randy

Missiles or Challengers, still wrenching on them!

70_440-6Cuda

Quote from: Mixup7071 on November 11, 2022, 03:29:16 PM
I just wish more people could understand that they can do what they do because of the Veterans did what they did.... Thank you Veterans

Well said - I just chastized some young coworkers about being too lazy to vote .. our Vets fought for our freedoms that make that possible and we owe it to them to participate....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

MKA

To my grandfather who died at the age of 36 in 1943 in Bari, Italy  and is buried in a war cemetery in Italy.  🇬🇧

His tombstone reads "A very dear husband and daddy, his life, a beautiful memory his absence a silent grief"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raid_on_Bari

To our friends fighting for freedom in Ukraine,  SLAVA UKRAINE 🇺🇦

dodj

Quote from: 70/6chall on November 11, 2022, 04:42:21 PM
There were three great aircraft carriers built the same time.
One-was the USS Midway, CVA-41, now a museum in San Diego Ca. Known thru print and film.
Second-was the USS Coral Sea, CVA-43 also a well known carrier.
Third- was the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, CVA-42, this one was my home for two years during my tour with the U.S.Navy from 1968-1971, Vietnam War era. This one is near to my heart. We had a job to do and..............We did it!   Thanks,   Al
My personal favourite from a non-serving point of view was always CV-6. It was there for every major Pacific campaign.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill