Main Menu

Thanks to Mike Ross @ BE&A

Started by VCODE, October 22, 2021, 01:54:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

I know Mike a long time and he has always helped me out over the years with Parts. Now he continues to come up with some new ideas for the hobby. I needed help with some E-Body backing plates which had thick black power coating on them.
We had them stripped and Mike did his magic with the gray phosphate powder coating. They look Great you can't tell they are powder coated but look like they just came from being plated
Thanks Mike
Bob   

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: VCODE on October 22, 2021, 01:54:16 PM
I know Mike a long time and he has always helped me out over the years with Parts. Now he continues to come up with some new ideas for the hobby. I needed help with some E-Body backing plates which had thick black power coating on them.
We had them stripped and Mike did his magic with the gray phosphate powder coating. They look Great you can't tell they are powder coated but look like they just came from being plated
Thanks Mike
Bob

Looks nice, talented guy! How does one strip off powder coating? Sandblast? I'd guess it would be tough to remove?  :notsure:

JS29

Mike is a true restoration extraordinaire!!!  :yes:   :worship:

FE5CUDA

I was at his shop when Mike was doing those for you Bob, the results are incredible, you have to see them in person to appreciate it.

fc7cuda

Those backing plates look awesome, which seems to be the result of whatever Mike Ross touches.  He's mastered the powder coating process and colors for quite a few parts for me and others.

dodj

Quote from: fc7cuda on October 23, 2021, 05:52:17 AM
Those backing plates look awesome, which seems to be the result of whatever Mike Ross touches.  He's mastered the powder coating process and colors for quite a few parts for me and others.
:iagree:
Anything of his I've seen looks amazing.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

FE5CUDA

That's bare metal powder coated?  Looks like it's painted all together from someone without Mike Ross's skill set.

fc7cuda

Quote from: FE5CUDA on October 23, 2021, 09:53:27 AM

That's bare metal powder coated?  Looks like it's painted all together from someone without Mike Ross's skill set.

OMG, you sir are correct and thank you as that is the "before" pic when it was returned to me by an amateur shop.  Mike went to work disassembling it and blasting it.  Then each piece was powder coated correctly, spring, lever, bracket, etc.  Here's some detail and the finished part.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration