Main Menu

Mike Ross saves the day again.

Started by GoMangoBoys, September 06, 2022, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I bought a set of brake lines from Fine Lines, a company that is probably less than 5 miles from my house.  When my boy went to pick them up, they had boxed them for shipping :(  He got them home, unboxed them then un-bent the shipping bends.  He proceeded to install the front to rear line based on the poster that we picked up at Carlisle last summer.  It shows the entire underside of a 70 Challenger with everything in the factory locations.  He installed the line based on the shape of the bends and the picture that we had to follow.  When he got to the rear, there was way too much line left.  We assumed that most likely it was installed wrong or possibly made wrong.  Mike stopped by today and got me all straightened out in less than 30 seconds.  I know that there is some controversy around Mike that I don't want to be in the middle of, but he has helped me over and over again as he is only about 20 minutes away from me.  I am thankful to have him as a local resource and as a friend.

anlauto

So was the line wrong, or was your attempt and installing it wrong ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out.  :pixiepop:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

GoMangoBoys

We did not install it right.  One of the bends near the front was not bent correctly.  Most likely due to incorrectly straightening out shipping bends.

anlauto

Ahhh....yea that will get you every time  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon