Main Menu

Transport Canada decal location?

Started by 750-h2, January 07, 2019, 12:35:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Would anyone have a picture showing the proper location for the "Transport Canada" decal on a 1970 Challenger that was built in Hamtramck and exported to Canada. I believe it goes on the same portion of the driver door as the VIN decal. Just not sure exactly where?  Thanks

Morty426

I have the same question for a 71 Challenger

anlauto

Quote from: Morty426 on January 07, 2019, 07:01:42 PM
I have the same question for a 71 Challenger

I always ASSUMED this is where it was on my 71 Challenger.....It was sanded off before I got the car, but if you look closely you can see the square shape where I ASSUME it was.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

No sign of it on the Barrelcuda, but you can clearly see the car was painted at least once before I got it  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Funny side note.....In the early 90's when the Intrepids/Concords came out, I was at a local county fair one night where they had some on display.....When I opened the door I freaked out because I saw this decal still being used and it looked identical to one on a 71 Duster Twister I was restoring at the time....

I quickly asked my close friend who worked at the Bramalea assembly plant to see if he could snag me some.....I got a nice short roll of them at that time....

Then in better days, I was actually talking to Dave Waldon of ECS fame on the phone as he was getting into the Mopar decal business. I mentioned I had these and I supplied him a couple for him to copy...  TRUE STORY

Morty426

Allen - Look at your door stickers.  There is a "C" in the date area.

That has to be a Canada thing.

anlauto

Quote from: Morty426 on January 07, 2019, 07:28:46 PM
Allen - Look at your door stickers.  There is a "C" in the date area.

That has to be a Canada thing.
Yes...I'm aware of that... :twothumbsup:

750-h2

Allan, was there a Transport Canada sticker on the original paint Canadian F4 AAR that you are presently restoring?

RUNCHARGER

I remember seeing them on the door post too but that was probably later cars.
Sheldon

anlauto

Good question...I don't recall seeing it and would have likely taken a picture had it been there. This is the only picture I have of that area...

NOTE: The rubber plug in the handle adjustment hole  :thinking:

anlauto

750-h2