Main Menu

Uncle Tony's Garage

Started by floorit426, April 05, 2020, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

floorit426

Maybe I've been cooped up too long, but has anyone seen this guy on Youtube? He's a mopar nut and I find his stuff oddly compelling. He's a bit of a nut job. :looney:

Brads70

e_body70

Here's 1 of his many videos.  Just click on his channel to access more of his videos

benlavigne

He's kind of a trashy version of Nick's Garage... ;-) He and Nick have become friends over the last couple years.
Here's a lin to Nick's Channel in case you're lookig for more (mostly) Mopar content! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKxu_85y8YGFQcY11cJGNtA

Ben

JS29

kawahonda

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

What does he expect for $10K if ALL the others advertised are in the $20K range ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: JS29 on April 05, 2020, 01:06:50 PM
I have seen him before,  :bigthumb:

Yes me too , realized it after I saw the link.

Marty

mccannix

I'll admit he's entertaining, but I dont know if I'd take him with me to authenticate an A-body.
First he says vin sequential number should be stamped on the rad saddle,... then says no, guess not because thats part of the unibody ???
Then he says every panel on the car is stamped with the sequential number ???
He then walks to the drivers side rear quarter, plays around with the rubber on the rain gutter and says the sequential number should be stamped under the rubber....ah thats a B-body thing ::)
A-body sequential number is stamped on the rear parcel shelf

Those

He seems to have more knowledge motors. You can usually something in most of his videos.

BFM_Cuda

I've watched a few. I had to laugh at the one where he talks about frame connectors being bad for the car; how spot welds need to flex to work harden for strength... :crazytalk:

anlauto

One thing I'm confused about...Tony says every car is in the $15K-$20K but this one is listed at $12500 (first red flag) Says when is friend is talking with the guy on the phone he drops to $10K (second red flag)....Then Tony claims he saw pictures of the car....A picture of the exterior should have shown the 72+ rear marker lights (third red flag), a picture of the engine compartment would have shown the 73 firewall (fourth red flag) and interior picture would have shown a complete 1973 interior (fifth red flag).....

Exactly how many red flags do you have to ignore to actually want to drive two hours to see a car only to be disappointed with it, then record everything to make a YouTube video of your bad experience? Like why bother ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chargerdon

I laughed my butt off watching this NUT.    Its a 50 year old car priced at half what others in this condition are priced at.   What the hell did he expect...   So, the car was pieced together...so what...did he expect to find an all original cream puff for $10K ?   

I dont think the seller was all that much of a scammer, so maybe he and his friends made necessary repairs...   so what ?? 

Dear lord, ive never seen anybody cry so much to try and get a lower price !!   

DeathProofCuda

Dredging up an old thread after coming upon his YouTube channel for the first time last night.  Can't believe that I hadn't seen any of his stuff before.

Probably old news, but Uncle Tony is Tony DeFeo of High Performance Mopar and Mopar Action.