Main Menu

Unknown Bracket

Started by 69BFan, February 01, 2020, 06:55:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

Does anyone have an ideal on what these brackets are?  In going through boxes of excess inventory, we have came across several boxes of these pieces identified on the box as E-Body Exhaust.  I have no clue on if they were put into boxes from a different part.  But all three boxes of the components are labeled as "E-Body Exhaust".  They may not even be related to an E-Body.  Thanks for looking!!
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

1 Wild R/T

waiting for @Burdar   I believe those are parts minus the rubber strap for the late design exhaust hanger that attaches to the rear shock crossmember..

RUNCHARGER

I think so too, where's Burdar?
Sheldon

73_Cuda_4_Me

73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

69BFan

Thanks very much for the help!!!  Now just need to locate a good used one so that we can get the measurements of the rivets and straps so that we can assemble and make these available.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

69BFan

Since I now know what I am looking for, I have sent some emails out to friends hoping that they might have either a NOS one or nice used one so that we can finish up a project that has probably been in the works for 25 plus years.  It shouldn't be that difficult at this point.  Once we have them completed, I will post a picture of the finished product.  Would be nice to have them in time for the Indy show, but that might be a far reach at this point.

anlauto

Does anybody know when they started using these ? Accurate Ltd has them listed as "Late 1971" ?
Hanger, Main Support, Right Side for '71-'74 B body/'72-'74 (some late 71) E body (ACC-768-Z)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

If you go with the accurate exhaust hanger and want to make it look more "accurate" with the correct mopar style bottom strap, I have 20 or more of the NOS correct ones with bolts shown on this NOS C-body hanger.
Same bottom strap
Have access to plenty of these complete NOS units as well.

69BFan

Terry,
I will give you a call and get the deal started.  Thanks for posting.
Richard