Main Menu

vapor or return fuel?

Started by roguedc72, November 12, 2017, 07:27:39 AM

Previous topic Next topic

roguedc72

Hi Mopar lunatics, I took my 72 340 4 spd challenger apart years ago,then stopped to raise a family,now it's time to put it back together,so as you imaging, I don't have total recall about some things. This question is about the fuel or vapor line that runs next to the fuel supply line. Classic Industries  catalog lists for a 72 challenger a single 1/4 fuel return single line or a 5/16 vapor 2 piece line, my car has a 1/4 2 piece line, confusing! my car was built 9/72, which line is correct? Thanks in advance

1 Wild R/T

72 Shouldn't use a fuel return line, that was big block only... No big blocks in 72 so no return line....

Your line should go from the vapor separator in the rear near the upper shock mounts to the vapor canister in the RF corner of the engine compartment...

If your doing a 100% stock restoration it needs to be there, if your not looking for 100% stock I wouldn't worry about it..

roguedc72

Thanks R/t, the beginning of emissions crap I guess.

Chryco Psycho

Exactly , sealed fuel system so vapors do not escape , no one has ever explained to me about all the vapors that escape while filling the tank tho  :thinking:
PCV was the first emissions addition

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 12, 2017, 05:56:15 PM
Exactly , sealed fuel system so vapors do not escape , no one has ever explained to me about all the vapors that escape while filling the tank tho  :thinking:
PCV was the first emissions addition

Have you pumped gas in California? PITA...

Chryco Psycho

Last time I was in CA was March 11 & I was running Diesel