Main Menu

Vintage air kit on 70 challenger

Started by Yeya93, April 25, 2020, 05:24:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

Hey fellas. I am planning on installing a vintage air kit in the future. It has come to my attention that the kit comes with block off plates. I am considering on welding in the holes on the firewall instead of using the block off plates later down the road. By chance, does anyone have a finale look/pic of what holes were filled in? My Challenger comes with factory AC, has standard non-rallye gauges, and will have a 440 installed. Thanks in advance.

GoodysGotaCuda

The VA kit on my 'Cuda uses the blower motor hole to route all A/C and heater lines into the cabin. Shouldn't need anything more than that..

My 'Cuda is up in Denton  :idea:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Scooter

VA on my 74, same deal. Uses the blower motor hole.

Yeya93

Hey, thanks for the reply. Quick question, where is your evap drain routed through and where is your heater core drain routed through if there is one?

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Jaramillo1993 on April 25, 2020, 10:11:44 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply. Quick question, where is your evap drain routed through and where is your heater core drain routed through if there is one?

My HVAC box drain goes out the firewall in a new hole made down near the firewall to floor seam on the passenger side.

You will likely want to buy and mount the VA HVAC box before you paint or finish metal work.

The intended installation requires vaguely located exposed fasteners under the hood. I chose to use nutserts and mount mine with no exposed fasteners after paint. It was a bit of a pain but I prefer ithat look.

....and as you can see, I didn't know my stock heater core holes weren't needed anymore. Gah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JonH

Currently doing the same thing. Follow the link below for a the installation instructions. Instructions are vague and a little confusing. You will get the block offs you need, but they are not very nice looking. The drain will go through the hole that is low on the firewall. The one next to it will be plugged. Not sure what they were originally for. The picture Scooter posted is an original ac car. You can see one block off below the ecu. If you look down low below that you will see where the drain comes though.

https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/574073-EDZ.pdf