Main Menu

Vintage article about buying a Hemi Challenger

Started by 1 Wild R/T, April 25, 2019, 06:18:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

An old article from the SIAC newsletter "All American Racer" in April of 83... 
I actually saw the car cruising the main drag here in Modesto for one of the old Graffiti Night cruises probably around 85..
Of course the three pages posted in the reverse order... You'll need to read the third page first.. Sorry..

mopar jack

I remember that car and the whole journey to bring it to California. Jack Mansfield not only had the 70 plumb crazy hemi challenger he also had a 68 hemi dart ss/a car and a 70 hemi cuda ss/da car. Dodge 1933 was involved with the  cars with Mansfield at the time, hopefully he will at to the story.

1 Wild R/T

I kinda thought someone here might have had a connection to Jack....  The time when I saw the car on McHenry for Graffiti at first I wasn't really sure but when I saw the license plate it was pretty apparent....

Jack wrote a pretty entertaining story...

Dakota

That was a fun read.   A good reminder of the days before dash cams to tell a story too. 

dodge1933

Ya, Jack and I ran around a lot back then. I went with them down to Loan Pine to pick up the original 68 Hemi Dart. I worked with him to make it kind of a streetcar. Original crash box 4 speed and all. It was a handful but fun. I also crewed on the SS/DA Hemi Cuda. Those were some good old days. And yes Jack could always write a entertaining story.