Main Menu

Looking for opinions/ideas/suggestions

Started by Plumcrazzy, June 16, 2018, 06:13:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Plumcrazzy

Basic info as follows: 2017 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392 Hemi--Go Green/Green Go--whatever--I am old school and insist on calling it Sublime--no hate mail, please!

I have always loved the Hockey Stick stripes that were available on the 'Cudas from years ago but they were never available for the Challenger models of the time. My '70 is a stripe delete car. Wondering what you all would think about adding Hockey Stick style graphics to my 2017 Challenger. The car currently has the basic black hood and trunk stripes.

1.  Would they be too much?
2.  Should they be black to match the hood/trunk stripes?
3.  If not black would a subtle shade difference be best? Lighter/darker?
4.  Would you prefer just "HEMI" or "392 HEMI"?
5.  Willing to entertain any/all ideas/suggestions. Get those creative juices going.
6.  Any good suppliers of vinyl graphics that you know of? Custom manufacturers?

Cuda Cody

Do you have any photos of what it might look like all done?  I think it could look cool if done right.

RUNCHARGER

I've seen it done a few times and have not liked it yet. The s curve is still prominent on the new Challengers so I think the hockey stick doesn't really work with the character line. The only stripe I have seen that I liked on a new Challenger is (surprise!) the 70 style R/T longitudinal.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

You want a hockey stick?  Easy...

Otherwise I agree the 70 stripe is best....

anlauto

Opinion.....putting a Cuda stripe on a Challenger is just all kinds of wrong.... :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

http://www.ridergraphix.com/2015_Challenger.html

These guys have all kinds of stripes for the modern challenger..

I like the generic TA style stripe in the first pic that ends just past the door

71-440

Do what you think you like. If you like the hockey stick stripe go for it. Your not rebuilding a 1970's car. You want to personalize your car to what you like.
I like the Hockey stick stripe. :alan2cents:
Joe

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on June 16, 2018, 07:42:26 PM
Opinion.....putting a Cuda stripe on a Challenger is just all kinds of wrong.... :thumbdown:

:iagree:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

I like the side stripe on the sublime one best :alan2cents:

JS29