Main Menu

What ever happened to XV motorsports or xtreme velocity ?

Started by Purepony, October 22, 2020, 07:32:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Cool guy sent me a brochure once I think no longer in business
Anyone know what really happened ?

I think they reopened some new shop but not the same. Not sure

dodj

xvengineering.com

Dealt with Chris a couple times.  Good products.  Good customer service

I have their seat belts in the Challenger.

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

HP2

Yup, they are still around. They aren't building whole cars and their product line has shrunk considerably, but they still sell some components.

Purepony

But that's not the same Xv
The people are different no ?

autoxcuda

The seatbelts were at least mostly a label job. They were not exclusive on those

The big redesigned suspension kits front and rear had some complaints. A guy in Scandinavia had quality issues.

Peter Bergman worked there and seems to leave in frustration.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

1 Wild R/T

Yup....   The guy who runs it now has tried to bring a few parts back...

XV burned allot of people, allot of people likely their stuff but they had component failures in spite of all their testing... And the QC fell into a toilet.... One of the big names from XV still sells suspension & steering components under another name... He sells allot of Borgeson stuff...

Dakota

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 23, 2020, 06:46:04 PM
The seatbelts were at least mostly a label job. They were not exclusive on those

I would agree that the seatbelts appear I onbeb relabeled.  I bought a set of their front and back seat belts a couple of years ago.  When I finally opened the box last month, one of the "XV" logos from the seat belt button was missing.  There was a generic globe logo underneath.  When I called XV to see if I could buy a replacement logo, I was advised that the part wasn't available because "that's the way the belts come in".   I will say that I'm happy with the belts, particularly the front which allow me to eliminate the fixed (no retractor) shoulder strap that my car came with. 

HP2

Quote from: Purepony on October 23, 2020, 06:07:49 PM
But that's not the same Xv
The people are different no ?

That's what is left of them. I believe Chris, current owner, was one of their fabricators, so he bought out the bankrupt bones of the company.  He has redesigned the front suspension to get rid of the aluminum tubing. I forget the head honcho's name, but he is basically out of the mopar business from what I've seen.

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 23, 2020, 06:46:04 PM

The big redesigned suspension kits front and rear had some complaints. A guy in Scandinavia had quality issues.

Peter Bergman worked there and seems to leave in frustration.
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 23, 2020, 06:46:23 PM
Yup....   The guy who runs it now has tried to bring a few parts back...

XV burned allot of people, allot of people likely their stuff but they had component failures in spite of all their testing... And the QC fell into a toilet.... One of the big names from XV still sells suspension & steering components under another name... He sells allot of Borgeson stuff...

Peter Bergman, who runs Bergman Auto Craft. Yes, he worked at XV for a short while before leaving to start his own company. He started by selling Borgeson parts and conversion  kits and has added suspension parts to his catalog and started building cars too.