Main Menu

Van Nuys Blvd. 1979

Started by Desmond, February 19, 2018, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: captcolour on February 24, 2018, 10:52:07 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 23, 2018, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: 72 Challenger on February 23, 2018, 09:00:52 AM
Am I the only one that thinks that the added fender flare the back of that challenger looks like a 64-66 mustang?

Back in the day those were usually made by starting with steel rod, shaped around a tire for radius then use short lengths of steel rod tacked to the body & the rod to establish the shape followed by a cardboard template & a bunch of sheetmetal cutting, shaping & welding.... Then blending with filler...Sometimes (depending on the skill of the fabricator) really thick filler...
Back in the day I had fender flares made for my '74 Duster.  Made exactly like 1 Wild R/T said.  I put M50/14's on the back and '60s on the front, and had the guy make flares out to the edges of the tires.  Came out nice.

:thinking: Must have BTDT... :rofl:  Later the trend was to slice the panel 2-4" above the tire (Hopefully at a body line) & stretch the panel out....   Similar to how Brad did his Challenger front fenders... Thought I think he did it without slicing the panel...

JEAnorthridge

Desmon, jordan, Cuda_mark, Chryo Psycho, etc. thanks for the compliment on the site! I took these photos back when I was high school and I still have lots more to post to the site (as time permits me to work on them). But in any case, I'm glad to see that you enjoy the look back in time.

Brads70

Quote from: JEAnorthridge on March 06, 2018, 02:24:21 PM
Desmon, jordan, Cuda_mark, Chryo Psycho, etc. thanks for the compliment on the site! I took these photos back when I was high school and I still have lots more to post to the site (as time permits me to work on them). But in any case, I'm glad to see that you enjoy the look back in time.

Welcome to the site. Great pictures I really enjoyed them!  :wave:

bluespruce

Like looking at back in the day pictures, more the better

1 Wild R/T

79 I was in the Navy stationed at NAB Coronado, me & a few buddies would sometimes to get off early on Wednesdays & head up to Van Nuys Blvd....  Always a good time....  Then twenty years later I got a chance to drive through the area, sure wasn't the same....

blown motor

Really cool pictures JEA. Looking forward to more. And welcome to the site.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dodgemania

i also miss the good old days.. thanks for sharing the pics and  :welcome: