Main Menu

shipping a power steering box

Started by Burdar, April 05, 2017, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 05, 2017, 09:48:53 AM
Triple wrap in plastic bag, find a box then a milk crate..... Milk crates are stout & have handles.... Large zip ties hold the box in the milk crate....

Exactly what I did.

Milk crate then took 1/4"  thick plywood and drilled a cover on top.
There were 2 in it.

Done!
I sent it Uship.com

This girl showed up in a SUV stuffed with furniture and a litter of Pitbull Puppies headed to Oregon.
Showed up 2-3 days later. 70 bucks.

ec_co

you can also use expansion foam (think 'great stuff' brand) within plastic bags. eg: shipping box with 2 bags with the steering box sandwiched between and then filling the bags with expansion foam  so it fills the dead space. using 2 bags makes it easy to seperate and remove the steering box at its destination.  this might give a better idea of what I'm talking about http://www.lpsind.com/packaging-shipping-systems/protective-wrap-cushioning-material/instapak-quick-packaging-foam/ 
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Burdar

That's a cool idea!.  I know I've gotten a few parts where that was used.

dave73

I fit mine in one of those prepaid USPS boxes, if it fits it ships deal...I think it was 20 bucks. Shipped it from NJ to Michigan (steer and gear) without any issues...