Main Menu

Window sag

Started by madmax2b, November 23, 2017, 05:06:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

madmax2b

I have a 1970 Challenger with the Power Windows. The front edge of the drivers window sags when raising and you have to pull it up to get it line up properly. What parts am I looking at to fix this, or is it just an adjustment? I would like to only have to take it apart once. Thanks

Brads70

Likely just an adjustment but you won't know till you get the door panel off. Might have a broken roller in the scissor mechanism or might simply be a lubrication issue?   

Jay Bee

I don't know if this applies to your case but this past summer my right sight manual window would only go up all the way if I pulled up on the front edge of the glass. In my case a screw came out, the one pointed at in the picture.

anlauto

First thing I would do is look for loose parts, then if everything is tight, check for worn parts buy moving the glass and see what gives....The regulator arms could be worn, but unlikely. I bet something is loose of disconnected altogether. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration