Main Menu

WIW Thinking of selling my 70 V code Challenger

Started by Wayno56, July 29, 2021, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Wayno56

I am on the fence of getting rid of my car. I don't have a place to work on it anymore after the divorce and it's just taking up space, time for a new caretaker. It's a 12,500 mile survivor car all numbers matching. Anyone interested?

6bblgt

what kind of work does a 12K mile survivor need?

more info: auto/4-speed OPTIONS color combo & pics needed  :takealook:

DeathProofCuda

:needphotos:

Sounds like a cool car, but a 12,500 mile survivor car doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.  Give me a mostly unmolested driver quality car with faded paint, NOM, and a four speed.  :burnout:

Wayno56

Wayno56

I'm thinking $125,000 if you think that's too much I will just keep it!

anlauto

Looks like a fantastic car, good luck with your sale.... :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

What are the survivor details?:

100% original paint? If less what changed?

100% original interior? If less what changed?

No (or how many) engine components changed, opened up, or unbolted?

100% original engine paint? If less what changed?

No (or how many) chassis components changed?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Mopsquad

If the car is as good as it looks, it may be attractive to a real collector.  As for the price, I'll wait for the others to chime in.

JH27N0B

I would think $125K is absolute top dollar for a '70 V code Challenger hardtop.
To get that price would mean it better have survived in great shape, original numbers no rebuilt or repainted engine and trans, no tears in the upholstery or cracks in the dash, no rust even in the trunk, nothing but maybe a very minor scratch or 2 in the paint, and documentation like the broadcast sheet and maybe some sales paperwork.
Even checking all those boxes it would take some effort to find that one buyer who is a collector of survivor cars.
An decent restored 70 4 speed V code Challenger is worth 70-85K so it takes a special car to command a 50% premium.

Wayno56

Thanks for the replies, exactly what I'm looking for as stated I am financially secure and do not need to sell just curious of prices and if anyone was interested. Original paint and interior. It is an ex drag car had side pipes and a four barrel and crazy ignition. Luckily the owner kept all the original parts so I put it back. Motor is repainted and does not have original heads but has the 1967 hi po 915's on it. Other than the rear valence not original, I got a original 1970 for it as he changed it to a no. Cutout because of the side pipes and that was the only thing missing. Also I put a gti exhaust on it. That's pretty much it.

1 Wild R/T

Enjoy your car... Cause with the changes at that price your gonna own it for a long time...

Wayno56

autoxcuda

I see front valence molding (front splash molding)

Could you order that separately in 1970 or did it come only come with A63 molding group?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Wayno56

Yes my car has the A63 option, that was the SE mounding package

JH27N0B

I can't see from the pictures, is the trim on the back of the hood/fenders and top of doors and under the quarter windows still there?