Main Menu

PRICING - RockAuto vs Goodmark ???

Started by anlauto, January 09, 2020, 07:47:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

The deal with LKQ is that you have to have an account or access to an account to get enough of a discount so as to make it worth your while. I usually can schwingle 40% and have bodyshop friends who can get 50 to 60% off and that makes the difference. I bought new, US chromed bumpers for right around $200 a pop. Sure beats $1000 and who ever saw an original E body that the bumpers fit perfectly? Sure as hell wasn't me! Just my  :alan2cents:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Moprr

For people in the Toronto area wanting Goodmark parts you would want to also try Top Line Auto Body Parts.  He does not stock much of the older stuff but normally gets it pretty quick and has their driver deliver it to your door (not sure how far out they deliver).  I haven't bought anything lately but his prices were always the best normally significant.  He is normally busy so I don't like calling for pricing until you are ready to place your order as I don't want to call him multiple times for a small orderas he  is busy with the shops this is a small business not an office full of people answering phones.

kawahonda

Just wanted to update this thread. I got a quote from my local chroming shop.

I sent some pictures and inquired about a ballpark charge for my rear bumper and 2 brackets.

My rear bumper appears to have no dents/dings or damage. It "may" have dings once it gets dipped/cleaned, but it's very solid and straight. They quoted $425 to rechrome it, and $60 each for the brackets. I'm assuming the brackets are still worth re-chroming?

Anyhow, $425 to rechrome a bumper is a very competitive price in 2020 I believe. I was expecting $600 or greater.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes that is about half of what it would cost here.
Sheldon

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 15, 2020, 12:32:12 PM
Yes that is about half of what it would cost here.
$850 Canadian is #425 US. :console:

RUNCHARGER

Nope: $425=CDN$595 but costs of just about everything are way higher here because of hidden taxes/costs. Last estimate I got on a straight, undamaged condition Challenger bumper was CDN$1000.
Sheldon

JS29

$1000.00 To re-chrome a tooth pick of a bumper!  :barf:

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 15, 2020, 01:26:39 PM
Nope: $425=CDN$595 but costs of just about everything are way higher here because of hidden taxes/costs. Last estimate I got on a straight, undamaged condition Challenger bumper was CDN$1000.

Yup, it's the same or more here in Ontario :bigmoney: :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: gzig5 on January 10, 2020, 07:06:03 AM
Quote from: Katfish on January 09, 2020, 08:03:06 PM
Awesome savings, I've always found RockAuto's prices to be the lowest.

Their prices are low, but the shipping in the US can be a deal breaker.  I've put together several shopping carts over the last year at RA and had to dump them each time because the shipping costs overran the good pricing.   

:iagree:  Been there on multiple occasions

RJChallenger

Quote from: jimynick on January 10, 2020, 04:21:57 PM
The deal with LKQ is that you have to have an account or access to an account to get enough of a discount so as to make it worth your while. I usually can schwingle 40% and have bodyshop friends who can get 50 to 60% off and that makes the difference. I bought new, US chromed bumpers for right around $200 a pop. Sure beats $1000 and who ever saw an original E body that the bumpers fit perfectly? Sure as hell wasn't me! Just my  :alan2cents:
Just bought a one piece Goodmark trunk floor. Called up LKQ , no account  cash sale. They said it listed for $335.00 can my price was $251.99. So I called up the body shop where I've bought all my other panels and supplies there price was $255.00 . Not sure how much he made on the sale. Rock Auto was $ 179 can plus shipping of $345 . $20 in gas and 1 hr of my time was all it took, also if i wasn't happy with the floor he could send it back. My only complaint is the Goodmark website shows a trunk floor with the shock access hole already there, but not so.