Main Menu

1970 Plymouth CUDA Pro Touring Street Muscle Car Resto Mod

Started by MasonDaniel7, December 25, 2019, 11:22:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Cool car!  Interesting epoxy primer.   Spots instead of solid color. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Crocha617

GoodysGotaCuda

Am I the only one that thinks he's remarkably far off on the value? I'm sure it costs quite a bit to get there, but it doesn't seem to have much of anything to start with other than the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on December 26, 2019, 04:24:11 AM
Am I the only one that thinks he's remarkably far off on the value? I'm sure it costs quite a bit to get there, but it doesn't seem to have much of anything to start with other than the body.

I hear ya, but what does it cost these days to strip a car and replace all the rusty metal? ( If it's done right?)  To me the attractive thing about buying a car this way is you can actually see what you are getting ,no paint, bondo, etc....  fender tag/title, rally dash, some other parts.....
In reality most of the trim parts are replaced anyhow when doing a full build/restoration anyhow....
Price for sure is at the high end but how far off is it really all things considered?  :notsure:
I would be nice if the seller had some pictures during the metal replacement process and after the   " acid dipping"

anlauto

I tend to agree, it's hard to take a rusty car and get it to this point for the price he's asking. I'm more disturbed that he destroyed an original 340 Cuda by adding all the frame stiffening stuff.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Not coded for a rallye cluster, the cluster pictured is for the wrong year. and why is it coated with GM trunk spater paint!  :foul: But i do agree IF the metal and body work is done properly, it is about what AMD would charge. With out including the value of the rusted out hull.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

It would have been easier to sell it in it's original state.
You would have to go over it carefully and see what has to be redone. The mini tubs really stop it from selling, no problem removing the subframe connectors if you don't like them.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Brads70 on December 26, 2019, 04:41:35 AM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on December 26, 2019, 04:24:11 AM

I hear ya, but what does it cost these days to strip a car and replace all the rusty metal? ( If it's done right?)  To me the attractive thing about buying a car this way is you can actually see what you are getting ,no paint, bondo, etc....  fender tag/title, rally dash, some other parts.....
In reality most of the trim parts are replaced anyhow when doing a full build/restoration anyhow....
Price for sure is at the high end but how far off is it really all things considered?  :notsure:
I would be nice if the seller had some pictures during the metal replacement process and after the   " acid dipping"

I think the inherent quality concerns of it being done right are a pretty major concern. I suspect it would be done pretty decently but there's almost nothing as worthless, to me, than a torn down project. Your market is immediately limited to someone who's willing to take something like that on from day 1, it's a small pool.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs