Main Menu

1970 R/T SE - Ebay

Started by Chippa, May 06, 2017, 08:49:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chippa

Seen this one in my travels in the last day or two so thought i would share...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132181342607?forcerRptr=true&item=132181342607&viewitem=

Just after midnight here in Perth so i'm off to catch some ZZZzzzzz ....night

Chippa

fender tag

RUNCHARGER

Neat car, no more basketcase SE's for me though. U-code D21 is nice.
Sheldon

Challenger in NC

Car has some great options and a build sheet.

Cuda Cody

I like it.  Cool color and a 4 Speed!   :inlove:

erik70rt

I like it.  Would love to have a plum crazy 440 4 spd car.  Even if it's an SE - which I am learning are a REAL pain!   ;)
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

This is the first "A23" car I've seen in my life  :rubeyes:

I know because Oct 23rd is my birthday and I've been looking :cooldance:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

Quote from: Challenger in NC on May 06, 2017, 10:40:34 AM
Car has some great options and a build sheet.

Would be a good looking car when done, but it's just getting it done that's more challenging lately...

RUNCHARGER

1532 miles from me, oh well. That's a bit far to go have a look, which I would have to do before bidding.
Sheldon

Chippa

Morning all...
As always thanks for the input....i am starting to recognize the option codes when i see a fender tag as im always punching them into a decoder haha.
I have not bid on it but asked the seller for dash/rad/cowl vins and any pics of underside and rust etc..and interior pics

I think it would be a nice car restored if it all checks out ....another car for me to consider anyways..

Cheers A ☺

P.S are  SE Challys a pain to restore? ?

RUNCHARGER

If everything is there and in good shape no problem, however all this stuff is "special". Rear window, plug and window trim as well as inside window molding. Headliner cardboard, upper console and trim as well as interior light. Upper console warning lights. All wiring for upper console and that includes what goes to the special relays. Beltline trim, vinyl roof moldings, front airpan molding, rear trim panel, inner door moldings, inner door panel carpet and reflectors. I think there's more but you get the idea. It's a lot of stuff to hunt down, restore and ensure it works correctly. Also, I myself do not think anyone pays a premium for an R/T-SE over an R/T, so all the effort and expense to get everything "right" is just for the love of it. Also remember the premium to be paid for the leather or cloth seat skins over the regular Challenger skins. Oh man, I am still feeling the pain.
Sheldon

Chippa

Great explanation RUNCHARGER  :bigthumb: Gee that is a big shopping list of extras !!! if he has it all the parts it could be worth bidding on but now i'm a bit concerned if its missing heaps....

71GranCoupe

From all the comments on the SE's I have seen, read and heard, I believe one of the biggest obstacles are the chrome/moldings hardware.   :idea:
Maybe Runcharger can share what was his hardest of the parts to find.

RusTy/SE

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 06, 2017, 05:30:39 PM
From all the comments on the SE's I have seen, read and heard, I believe one of the biggest obstacles are the chrome/moldings hardware.   :idea:
Maybe Runcharger can share what was his hardest of the parts to find.

Yes, the items not currently being reproduced. Also add in a pair of the SE emblems.

Hope it works out for you :yes:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

RUNCHARGER

The wiring was tough (I ended up just making my own harnesses from scratch) I think the other big deal seems to be the beltline moldings, finding them, getting them polished and making the fasteners. Chippa; honestly if most of the stuff was gone (hopefully it is all there though) I would consider just restoring it as an R/T. That might upset a few purists I suppose but it wouldn't bug me with the original block gone anyway. And I would be restoring it to keep for myself anyway. The original block gone is a minus but that sheet and original fender tag are sure a bonus.
Sheldon