Main Menu

1971 Cuda 4 Speed Shaker project w/ Fender Tag & Build Sheet

Started by Cuda Cody, March 25, 2017, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Not sure if someone already shared this one?   I feel like I've seen it for sale before?  :huh:

https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/6029083733.html

RUNCHARGER

3.91, 4 speed, rallye gauges, N96 and a different colour. Not much to hate about that.
Sheldon

anlauto

Been for sale for quite awhile, but I think the price has come down if I remember correctly.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Checks some of the right boxes for sure!  Looks like there's a bit of rust to fix, but my oh my what a cool car! :wowzers:

What's a fair price for it?  It doesn't seem to far off the mark right now, right?  :huh:

anlauto

I'd be happier in the low $20's.....numbers don't match and a "love it or hate it colour" :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

76orangewagon

For what its worth...I paid $32,500 for what you see here ...so either I got a heck of a bargain or that seems high for all the work it needs and most importantly the missing Shaker assembly.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I don't know Cudas but between the missing matching #'s engine and the missing complete shaker stuff I think is a double whammy that holds it from selling. I bet it will sell though at that price, it just might take more time. It seems like prices on finished cars are going up every week right now so he just has to wait until the market catches up to his price. Not many projects left with all those documented goodies.
Sheldon

anlauto

I think orangewagon's car was a good deal, but it boils down to intentions.

The orange car is something you can jump in and drive, and leave it the way it is.....If that's your intention then that makes it a great deal....

But if your intentions are to do a ground up restoration anyways, then I think he paid a hefty price for a project. Comparing the two, I think the orange car is only slightly better because of the included shaker stuff.
The green car is rusty but it's original, while the orange car is a patched up perfume pig. :alan2cents: that's going to require just as much or more metal work then the green car. :takemymoney:

Cuda Cody

I really like that Orange Cuda.  But you are right...  just depends on what you want.  They are both really cool Cudas but for different reasons.   :driving:

RUNCHARGER

A real shaker car should get a real shaker hood and at least bubble though right? That narrows the gap considerably. Real hood, real bubble, aftermarket other bits, can you do that for $10k?
At $5k more I don't think I would have thought more than two seconds about 76's car over the other one "and then I drove away".
Sheldon

6bblgt

the not so good:
missing SHAKER
missing rim blow
missing leather buckets
missing tach
missing AM/FM
& (the OPTIONS that get changed 9 times out of 10)  :pokeeye:
it's GREEN
NO FACTORY "BILLBOARDS"
NO "road lamps"
NO 15" tires & wheels

did you guys notice BS23H1B386601 (EV2) VS. BS23H1B386637 (GF3)? built ~2 days apart

fc7cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 25, 2017, 05:46:40 PM
3.91, 4 speed, rallye gauges, N96 and a different colour. Not much to hate about that.

:iagree:

I like the color and would not change it, too many cars looking the same from color changes.  It has been for sale awhile, perhaps the owner would be open to offers??  :takemymoney:

Cody, have you called him?

76orangewagon

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 25, 2017, 08:57:05 PM

did you guys notice BS23H1B386601 (EV2) VS. BS23H1B386637 (GF3)? built ~2 days apart

Somebody's actual build must have been off a couple days..... My SPD is 430, the green car's SPD is 511.

Cuda Cody

I have not called.  Just a time thing.   :(  Wish I had more time as I would love to take that car on.

Quote from: fc7cuda on March 26, 2017, 05:11:56 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 25, 2017, 05:46:40 PM

:iagree:

I like the color and would not change it, too many cars looking the same from color changes.  It has been for sale awhile, perhaps the owner would be open to offers??  :takemymoney:

Cody, have you called him?

6bblgt

Quote from: 76orangewagon on March 26, 2017, 05:28:35 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on March 25, 2017, 08:57:05 PM

Somebody's actual build must have been off a couple days..... My SPD is 430, the green car's SPD is 511.

"Actual Production Dates" often vary up to +/- 2 weeks from the "Scheduled Production Date" sometimes more