Main Menu

1971 Cuda project

Started by anlauto, August 01, 2020, 06:15:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Number matching, 340 4spd. FE5 Red with black bill boards, original fender tag and broadcast sheet  :banana:

These projects don't come around too often...This one is on the wrong side of the fence for me, located in Michigan USA...
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/windsor-area-on/1971-cuda/1515362528

I'd be happy to restore it for anybody....I love me some 71 Cudas... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Front fenders don't look like 71 cuda fenders to me. Twenty seven thousand!  :looney:

RUNCHARGER

Great photos of it though.
Sheldon

E74cuda

Don't see any holes in the tail panel for the molding. Could this be the rusty red 71 cuda that was on ebay without the fender tag a few years ago?

Shoooter

Quote from: JS29 on August 01, 2020, 06:24:24 AM
Front fenders don't look like 71 cuda fenders to me. Twenty seven thousand!  :looney:

They look like 72+ fenders

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 01, 2020, 07:57:12 AM
Great photos of it though.

What's wrong with the photos ? Clearly shows the tread depth of the front tire :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RacerX

Doesn't seem to care about getting a good price based on the quality of the photos, so I would say you should be able to negotiate waaay down with this one...      :drunk:

Another useless ad...    wtf are these people thinking.   How can you think you are going to sell a 5 figure vehicle with such a low effort like that?

Either isn't a 'cuda or isn't a 71 or at least not the original fenders...  looks like '72-4 fenders and headlights.

no exhaust cutouts in rear valance,  despite his fender tag decode showing N41/N42

trunk lid and hood not original

holes in tail panel appear to be in wrong place for it to be a 'cuda, although the lack of picture quality makes it hard to be sure

no pictures of interior

can't read anything in the picture on the list of parts he claims justifies the price

probably lots of other issues also...

The color I see (firewall, jambs, etc) doesn't look red, never seen FE5 fade to a dark bronze-ish color...   also looks like LOTS of panel changes and/or a full repaint in it's past...

This looks like a basket case to me and would stay far away unless it went really cheap