Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda Cuda Convertible Rare Curious Yellow Paint

Started by MasonDaniel7, May 27, 2021, 12:15:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

Mopsquad

Wonder what the owner really wants for it.  I'd be curious if you guys see any issues.  I see the shaker is added.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopsquad

anlauto

Looks like it was re-listed having only gotten to $106K last time :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: Mopsquad on May 27, 2021, 02:43:11 PM
Wonder what the owner really wants for it.  I'd be curious if you guys see any issues.  I see the shaker is added.

Great looking car. Minor "issues":

- Incorrect exhaust manifolds.
- Rear side marker housings should be black (Billboard car), and not body color*.
- Rocker panels below the molding should be blacked out*.
* = Only one photo shows these issues (the one with the sign), and may be an older photo of the car. These items appear to have been corrected in some of the other photos. 

anlauto

anlauto

The sign reads "this car was restored as the factory delivered it"  I wonder who the assclown is that decided it needed a four speed and all the googly-eyed options  :pullinghair:

This picture you can tell the hood and front bumper don't colour match the rest of the car :rubeyes:  I wonder if it comes with the proper hood as well as the transmission  :fingerscrossed:

dhh

I really don't understand why a shoddy restoration should demand 100k+

Yellow71Cuda

Driver's side inner fender appears to have been replaced with a later style piece. I'm also fairly certain an early build 71 (October, 70) did not come from the factory with electronic ignition.

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2021, 07:36:22 PM
The sign reads "this car was restored as the factory delivered it"  I wonder who the assclown is that decided it needed a four speed and all the googly-eyed options  :pullinghair:

This picture you can tell the hood and front bumper don't colour match the rest of the car :rubeyes:  I wonder if it comes with the proper hood as well as the transmission  :fingerscrossed:

Per the ad: "On May-16-21 at 11:53:16 PDT, seller added the following information:
The Original Numbers matching Auto Trans, linkage etc... is fresh and goes with car."

anlauto

Quote from: dhh on May 27, 2021, 08:42:04 PM
I really don't understand why a shoddy restoration should demand 100k+

Because it's an original BS27H1B in curious yellow and black.... It's easily a $150K car, but since the transmission change, it will never reach it's maximum value potential. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: Yellow71Cuda on May 27, 2021, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2021, 07:36:22 PM

Per the ad: "On May-16-21 at 11:53:16 PDT, seller added the following information:
The Original Numbers matching Auto Trans, linkage etc... is fresh and goes with car."

Yea I read that, that's why I wonder if they have the hood too... :thinking: