Main Menu

1973 Cuda Matching number engine, Original 4 Speed

Started by MasonDaniel7, January 30, 2020, 11:30:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

318Stroker

How'd he manage to get the steering wheel upside down? It should only go on one way.

GrandpaKevin

Black is one of the best colors for the body lines on a 'Cuda. :alan2cents:

I think that car would benefit by adding some shiny front/rear wheel trim and if you insisted on using those wheels and tires the car would be a great candidate for a B body rear end swap to get the rear tires under and inside the quarters.

These later year 'Cudas get confusing with the VIN's.
This car appears to be a BH Barracuda with the 340 engine option but I was under the impression in 73 they also made a BS VIN 'Cuda' option?

JS29

JS29

Quote from: 318Stroker on January 31, 2020, 07:48:29 AM
How'd he manage to get the steering wheel upside down? It should only go on one way.
:iagree: I would install a tuff wheel in it.  :alan2cents:

318Stroker

Quote from: JS29 on January 31, 2020, 11:09:12 AM
Quote from: 318Stroker on January 31, 2020, 07:48:29 AM
:iagree: I would install a tuff wheel in it.  :alan2cents:

Yea, me too. I've had my 73 Challenger since 73, and couldn't wait to put a Tuff wheel on it. Never cared for the 72-74 E-body wheels. Too big, with hard and skinny grips.
He must have the steering coupler 180 degrees out. If he puts on a Tuff wheel, it will be upside down also.

Rich G.

He'd have to beat the coupler on to put it on wrong which I've seen done. I like the look of that wheel and I remember getting my fingers stuck in the holes and then trying to make a turn! Did you miss that foot gas pedal too?

73_Cuda_4_Me

@GrandpaKevin - Yes, they made a BS `CUDA in 1973... which confuses what the seller actually is putting up for sale... I do not believe it is a "CUDA", as is showing on the tail panel (which is missing the 'by Plymouth' medallion). I may be wrong, though, and would be the first to admit it... ditto on the hood emblems... I would expect a flat hood without Cuda 340 on the scoops...

Maybe they offered a package that provided them all on a BH car, but I don't know for sure... Would Rallye dash have been included in that?
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

Quote from: 318Stroker on January 31, 2020, 12:06:51 PM

He must have the steering coupler 180 degrees out. If he puts on a Tuff wheel, it will be upside down also.

:iagree: I agree...or his wheels are turned :dunno: :haha: and he just straightened the cap for the picture :P
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

black sure is sweet.
I would prefer it in its orig color "WHITE"

JS29

J54 sport hood, N85 tachometer are on the fender tag, so they are original to the car. hood pins were not available after 1972.  The hood call outs I don't know if it would come originally with them.  :alan2cents: