Main Menu

1974 Cuda 360 - $60k Sold

Started by PLY474, May 18, 2022, 06:05:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

PLY474

Just an FYI.  I was surprised to see this one sell so fast.  1974 Cuda 360 AT AC.  List price was $59,998.  Sold in 3-4 days.  https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/17161/1974-plymouth-cuda

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

The market is pretty hot right now....buddy sold his 71 Challenger for $70K...when I swore up and down he'd be lucky to get $50K  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

My personal observation is some people are looking to invest their money in the tangibles. You can invest say $40K in stocks and have a piece of paper that can devalue suddenly or you can buy gold / silver bullion at the local coin shop, buy a classic car or buy real estate. Even if things go belly up, you still have something physically in your possession you can use. Not so with paper stocks. I think people are making that decision after they lost in 2008. Just my opinion. I have some real estate in the mountains and was offered 80 times what I paid for it. A scammer, maybe. But I've had friends and acquaintances who have been there and offered 25 times what I have in to that 20 acres. I think people want something they can physically touch to invest in. A car fits that billet.
Terry W.

PLY474

In my mind I was thinking I'd make a low ball offer in a few months after it hadn't sold.  LOL.  Not. 
Houses in my area are all getting multiple bids over asking price.  Strange times. 

blown motor

Quote from: 71vert340 on May 18, 2022, 07:22:50 PM
My personal observation is some people are looking to invest their money in the tangibles. You can invest say $40K in stocks and have a piece of paper that can devalue suddenly or you can buy gold / silver bullion at the local coin shop, buy a classic car or buy real estate. Even if things go belly up, you still have something physically in your possession you can use. Not so with paper stocks. I think people are making that decision after they lost in 2008. Just my opinion. I have some real estate in the mountains and was offered 80 times what I paid for it. A scammer, maybe. But I've had friends and acquaintances who have been there and offered 25 times what I have in to that 20 acres. I think people want something they can physically touch to invest in. A car fits that billet.
Terry W.

I don't disagree with you but I don't see a car as a good long term investment. I think in 10 or 15 years there will be more classic cars for sale than there will be buyers.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Quote from: blown motor on May 19, 2022, 06:38:16 AM
Terry W.

I don't disagree with you but I don't see a car as a good long term investment. I think in 10 or 15 years there will be more classic cars for sale than there will be buyers.

agreed!  If that does happen, I will scooping up cars!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

71vert340

Quote from: Cudajason on May 19, 2022, 08:48:12 AM
Terry W.

agreed!  If that does happen, I will scooping up cars!

I guess my point is with my original post is even if the price of the classic cars drops, you still have something to drive, not just a piece of worthless stock. I guess I've never thought of my cars as investments. The prices of all things go up and down. I was thinking of Willys Whippet cars, Edsel, etc. The manufacturing of those cars is long gone but the cars are still here and worth something and can be driven. We've all lived through those ups and downs and we still have our cars  and they'll have some value unless they quit making gasoline :stop:
Terry W.

anlauto

I pity the poor guy waiting for prices to go down before he buys  :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

It's Volo cars... please...

Just cause they advertised it at $59K doesn't mean it sold for anywhere near that. It may have even been traded. Or partially sold on trade in.

It's only to Volo benefit to give the perception of cars selling for high dollars.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

Brads70

Terry W.

I don't know about that. I bought the Javelin partially as an investment, mostly because I thought it was cool and different. This just popped up on my feed today.... :looney:
I paid 12k for mine and thought I overpaid, 71 is the most popular year of the 71-74's . Since I've owned it prices really seem to be climbing and less are available every year?

JH27N0B

Terry W.

May well be, but the forum pundits have been making that prediction for the last 10 or 15 years!  :D