Main Menu

70 Challenger HT Made into a Vert!

Started by challengermaniac, March 14, 2019, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

It's undetectable until you read the VIN, 23 not 27.   :alan2cents:

superdave

Seriously Ken? :unbelievable: I'd like to sit down and visit with you for a few days! 8)

soundcontrol

There is one for sale in Sweden right now, originally a 6-cyl HT car, converted. Looks like a rust bucket though. They are asking about 24k for this. Wonder how they deal with the reinforced rocker panels...

Crocha617

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 19, 2019, 04:00:31 AM
There is one for sale in Sweden right now, originally a 6-cyl HT car, converted. Looks like a rust bucket though. They are asking about 24k for this. Wonder how they deal with the reinforced rocker panels...

That one sold in Vermont on Ebay last year for under $12k. I could've bought it in NH last fall for about $14k. It's definately hurting...

That one was wearing a convertible vin tag the last time I saw it. The last seller denied it was ever a hardtop. I thought I did a pretty good job warning everyone about it but I guess the word didn't get to Sweden.

soundcontrol

Quote from: Crocha617 on March 19, 2019, 07:17:24 AM

That one sold in Vermont on Ebay last year for under $12k. I could've bought it in NH last fall for about $14k. It's definately hurting...

That one was wearing a convertible vin tag the last time I saw it. The last seller denied it was ever a hardtop. I thought I did a pretty good job warning everyone about it but I guess the word didn't get to Sweden.

It was first out for an even higher price, as a real convertible, then the ad dissapeared, and it came out with a lower price, saying that it was a former 23 code car, but now a 27 code car with matching title and VIN...and it's not registered in Sweden yet, so that can open a can of worms.

Crocha617

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 19, 2019, 08:57:57 AM
Quote from: Crocha617 on March 19, 2019, 07:17:24 AM

It was first out for an even higher price, as a real convertible, then the ad dissapeared, and it came out with a lower price, saying that it was a former 23 code car, but now a 27 code car with matching title and VIN...and it's not registered in Sweden yet, so that can open a can of worms.

Yeah I think the current owner is will have a tough time moving that one along even in Sweden.