Main Menu

70 Challenger HT Made into a Vert!

Started by challengermaniac, March 14, 2019, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challengermaniac

Have not seen this done before (70 Challenger HT and 70 Challenger Vert combined) and just looked interesting as I have considered doing the same although never had both halves to put together!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-R-T/183725713637?hash=item2ac6e7e8e5%3Ag%3A-VMAAOSwZntchs4S&LH_ItemCondition=3000%7C2500
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

RJChallenger

It doesn't have a Dana as listed and a few wrong parts, but otherwise a very nice looking car. Would be interested in what it actually goes for?

Convertcuda

I have done over 35 ebody to hardtop to convertible conversion. Challenger and Cuda. If need help let me know.

Ken

Rich G.

I was a mecum last year and there was a 73 hemi Cuda convertible. Yes 73. Looked pretty good except for the monster stereo and wires in the trunk. Whoever did the conversion did a nice job. Probably had a lot more into it then he got for it.

challengermaniac

Quote from: Convertcuda on March 14, 2019, 06:23:57 PM
I have done over 35 ebody to hardtop to convertible conversion. Challenger and Cuda. If need help let me know.

Ken

Hum, just thinking out loud here, so you have come across 35 ebody convertibles with frontend damage and 35 ebody non convertibles with rearend damage, purchased the two halves and put them together as one!  Wow, that's very cool in my book, just wasn't even aware this was going on in our world.  I'm so naive at times. 

Crocha617

Quote from: challengermaniac on March 14, 2019, 09:04:55 PM

Ken

Hum, just thinking out loud here, so you have come across 35 ebody convertibles with frontend damage and 35 ebody non convertibles with rearend damage, purchased the two halves and put them together as one!  Wow, that's very cool in my book, just wasn't even aware this was going on in our world.  I'm so naive at times.

No. I believe Ken fabricates the convertible parts that are not reproduced. He also converts hardtop reproduction quarter panels into convertible ones. He sells the convertible parts conversion kits and also builds convertibles from hardtops for people.

cuda hunter

Over on CC there is a guy named JesusHChrysler that has a 73 chally that he has converted to a vert.  Not quite factory like.  I believe it stays a vert at all times. 

Ken's parts are awesome.  I've only seen several parts via computer and not in person but they are a work of art. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

challengermaniac

Quote from: Crocha617 on March 15, 2019, 04:24:21 AM
Quote from: challengermaniac on March 14, 2019, 09:04:55 PM

Ken

No. I believe Ken fabricates the convertible parts that are not reproduced. He also converts hardtop reproduction quarter panels into convertible ones. He sells the convertible parts conversion kits and also builds convertibles from hardtops for people.

Ohhhhhhh, now I get it!  That makes alot more sense than what I was thinking and struggling with.  So in theory, if you have a hardtop and are he!! bent on having a convertible......... see Ken!  (I could be tempted)

ragtopdodge

Frankenstein car.

Who'd pay more than $10k for that thing?  Sure it looks nice, but still, can get a real one for that money.

IRON MAN

If this Challenger is to be registered in California, it will have to go to the CHP Referee Station for a blue tag control number assigned to the vin. When there is a model change the DMV requires this as part of the new title/registration process.  More than likely the CHP officer will run all the numbers. Been there done that.

CudamanTom

Ken

And I own one of your creations Ken (Convertcuda). A well built 71 Cuda convert.  :)
When I bought it, it was a bare bone shell (with a decent paint job) and boxes of parts.
Now it's 95% complete.
An awesome build I must say.
71 Cuda Vert (clone) - 440/4 Black/Black
71 Cuda Hardtop - 440/4 Sassy Grass green/Black
70 Cuda Vert - 340/6 Rally Red/White (Previously Owned)

Crocha617

Quote from: CudamanTom on March 15, 2019, 07:23:54 PM

Ken

And I own one of your creations Ken (Convertcuda). A well built 71 Cuda convert.  :)
When I bought it, it was a bare bone shell (with a decent paint job) and boxes of parts.
Now it's 95% complete.
An awesome build I must say.

Yeah I should've bought that one.

Convertcuda

Thanks guys. I have learned a lot doing them. Designed many tools and dies to make this happen.  My goal was to do them so no one can tell.  Depends on what the customers wants for there build. It's a ton of fun to do one. Best way is to have a nice hardtop core (any year) to start with.

Ken

Crocha617

Quote from: ragtopdodge on March 15, 2019, 01:12:49 PM
Frankenstein car.

Who'd pay more than $10k for that thing?  Sure it looks nice, but still, can get a real one for that money.
Nothing wrong with a conversion as long as its done right and you know what you're buying up front. I'm not sure what this guy wants for it but you're not buying and original in this condition for any where near$24k.

challengermaniac

Quote from: Convertcuda on March 16, 2019, 04:33:29 AM
Thanks guys. I have learned a lot doing them. Designed many tools and dies to make this happen.  My goal was to do them so no one can tell.  Depends on what the customers wants for there build. It's a ton of fun to do one. Best way is to have a nice hardtop core (any year) to start with.

Ken

This explains why I have "Not Seen" this done before given an excellent conversion is "undetectable"!