Main Menu

70 Chally for sale on FB $23800

Started by Chippa, April 17, 2017, 12:16:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chippa

Ok here i go again because i cant help myself lol...

Wanted to share this car with you all to pass comment on and consider its worth as a project....many pics so i apologize...but who am  i kidding we all love pics !!!!

In no particular order....car is located in MI .....enjoy  :australia:

Chippa

Chippa

Chippa

This car is apparently matching # car.....there is a pic of the rebuilt 383 that comes with the car along with the original engine..

Its being sold by the owners Sister as the owner (her brother) has passed away....looks like plenty of new parts to go with the car.

Interior is new....it will need engine bay re paint an front fenders etc but i think it would be best to just re spray the whole car...looks to be pretty rust free vehicle with potential but i'm unsure on price so please feel free to give me your thoughts good and bad..

Cheers A :)

fc7cuda

Certainly allot of pics provided.  :bigthumb:

303 Mopar

Looks like you would know pretty much what your getting, although you can expect there will be missing parts.  Sad story, hope someone is able help her out.

Chippa

Chippa

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 17, 2017, 05:25:58 AM
Looks like you would know pretty much what your getting, although you can expect there will be missing parts.  Sad story, hope someone is able help her out.

Yes very sad to lose a loved one....life is short...i have been in touch with her and have no intentions to disrespect her or the asking price....just wanted some feedback from more knowledgeable members on here to see if it was a worthwhile proposition.

RUNCHARGER

This car looks to be head and shoulders above the other two you have posted. In todays market the value is probably right too. I think I would consider this one for sure if I was looking. The 4 speed, big block with air is a good find for a rare and fun driver.
I've put together two similar Challenger "kit cars" within the last few years, budget at least $10k for additional parts, even at $35k total you will be okay IMO.
Sheldon

xx88man

I think it is priced fairly.....you get cars that are much worse if you look at most projects cheaper than that. If you don't buy it you will regret it IMO. I love the B7 color too. Not many of those around.
Keep yer foot in it

Cuda Cody

The price seem a little high when you first look at it compared to other projects, but think about how much you will be saving in the end by starting with (what appears to be) a super solid and basically rust free car.  A similar car with a little rust in the floor board, trunk, and needing quarters could set you back thousands.  Anytime you can start with a rust free solid original car you are almost always going to be better off.

Then look at the upside of this car.

• Real Deal Big Block RT
  • Rare Color (and desirable)
  • 4 Speed
  • Fender Tag
  • Numbers matching
  • White Stripe
  • Rallye Gauges
  • Rare AM / Fm Radio
  • AC

Beside finding a Hemi or Six Pack, that car is pretty high on the cool factory list.  Checks off a lot of the right boxes for me. 

HP_Cuda

Based on everything I've seen, you should just give her the $$$

The only real bummer I see is the welds done but that can be redone. Otherwise it's a nice one to start with.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Chippa

Firstly thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread....i means a great deal to me being so far away.

i think this car is a good deal....it comes with many many new parts and has been with this owner for the last 30 yrs..the body looks to be in very good condition looking at the photos.

I have been in touch with the owner again this morning via video link and she has been very accommodating.

So i am going to definitely try and purchase the car because i think it has a lot going for it and can be completed without too much pain.

I would ask if any forum members are in the Michigan area that could offer their services to me to go and inspect the vehicle just to  have a third party give me some peace of mind before i put down a healthy deposit on the car...

i am happy to pay for your time also to do this for me

Regards

Andrew :)