Main Menu

70 Chally for sale on FB $23800

Started by Chippa, April 17, 2017, 12:16:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I applaud you for being able to do all this from way down under.   :clapping:  My hats off to you mate.

@MoparDave  might know someone from up in that area.  He's in Detroit so not exactly close, but still might know someone up there.  Good luck.  I hope you get it!   :fingerscrossed:

Chippa

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 17, 2017, 08:06:35 PM
I applaud you for being able to do all this from way down under.   :clapping:  My hats off to you mate.

@MoparDave  might know someone from up in that area.  He's in Detroit so not exactly close, but still might know someone up there.  Good luck.  I hope you get it!   :fingerscrossed:

Thanks Cody for all your help and everyone else....there is someone from Pennsylvania coming to look at it apparently in the next day or so who was before me so i will have to wait until he has made up his mind before i have a chance.

I look forward to sharing the journey with everyone here on the forums and hopefully bringing this car back to life and honoring the previous owners wish to get it up and running again.

Andrew.

cuda dad

My two cents worth, if you are counting on it being matching numbers transmission.  I noticed the day on the trans was 2955 which translates to July 21, 1969.  Though technically date correct, it is over three months before the SPD of October 24.

For comparison, my 69 GTS is SPD June 23 with a transmission day of 2876 which translates to June 12, 1969 just 11 days before the SPD of June 23.

Both are 4-Speeds, yours is Plant E, mine is Plant B.  Could be legit but it seemed like a long gap.

It does look like a great car with nice options.  Good luck!

MoparDave

I've heard of this one. Nice car for sure. Apparently their is also another car also. dont remember if it was a corvette or a stang.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

RUNCHARGER

I hope it works out for you. It's hard to buy from long distances. I think it's a great car.
Sheldon

JS29

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 18, 2017, 07:35:05 AM
I hope it works out for you. It's hard to buy from long distances. I think it's a great car.
:iagree:

MoparDave

@Chippa

let me know specifics on the location. Need to know if it is Shelby, or Shelby Twp. I cant find the original post on Fb. If its close I can run over and look at it for you. From the pics that price and the car wont last long.

Chippa

Quote from: MoparDave on April 18, 2017, 10:55:04 AM
@Chippa

let me know specifics on the location. Need to know if it is Shelby, or Shelby Twp. I cant find the original post on Fb. If its close I can run over and look at it for you. From the pics that price and the car wont last long.

Hi Dave,

Yes Shelby Township mate, i am still waiting to hear back from the owner to see if the other person from Pennsylvania has turned it down or decided to buy it...

Yes its not an easy thing to organize this all but i'm a car guy and its worth the effort...

This car will end up costing me 40k AUD landed here in Western Australia....10k AUD just for transport and taxes...

So its not a done deal yet and i'm going to see if they are able to drop the engine back into the car and put the fenders and hood in place as i cant transport loose boxes...i will however need to make up a skid/pallet for the pulled down original engine and gearbox...

Will most likely find out today whats happening

Andrew.

Cuda Cody

@Chippa  if you want to sell the non numbers built 383 that is with the car I think there are several members on this site looking right now.  Just an idea  :notsure:

Quote from: Chippa on April 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
@Chippa

Hi Dave,

Yes Shelby Township mate, i am still waiting to hear back from the owner to see if the other person from Pennsylvania has turned it down or decided to buy it...

Yes its not an easy thing to organize this all but i'm a car guy and its worth the effort...

This car will end up costing me 40k AUD landed here in Western Australia....10k AUD just for transport and taxes...

So its not a done deal yet and i'm going to see if they are able to drop the engine back into the car and put the fenders and hood in place as i cant transport loose boxes...i will however need to make up a skid/pallet for the pulled down original engine and gearbox...

Andrew.

Chippa

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 18, 2017, 03:48:37 PM
@Chippa  if you want to sell the non numbers built 383 that is with the car I think there are several members on this site looking right now.  Just an idea  :notsure:

Quote from: Chippa on April 18, 2017, 03:29:33 PM
@Chippa

Hi Dave,

Andrew.

Hey Cody.....you are reading my mind lol ....it was one of my thoughts to help recover some costs or alternatively use those funds from sale of the freshly Rebuilt 383 to go towards the cost of rebuilding the original motor....i will be honest and say i have no real idea what the motor would be worth but would be happy to sell it for a fair price if i do end up buying the car....quick sale is a good sale !!!!!

Andrew.

MoparDave

lmk if you get anymore details. Shelby twp, is not that far from me so I can skate over and look things over,

Chippa

Update...Well unfortunately it looks like the Pennsylvania guy is going to beat me to it and is flying up today apparently to view the car and lay down some cash....said if its as good as it looks in pics he will pay cash and come back to pick it all up...

He could change his mind or try to low ball her so still in with a slim chance but i doubt it...all good !! you gotta just roll with the punches and i will just continue to be patient and keep looking far and wide....

Cheers A  :australia:

Shoooter

That's a pretty cool challenger. Hopefully a member guys it and we can see it finished

MoparDave

Most likely he bought it. I was chatting with her and she hasn't got back to me yet for @Chippa

Chippa

No worries @MoparDave yes i would say thats the case but i wish him all the best if he has and a big thankyou to you mate for making yourself available to take a look omy behalf  :cheers: