Main Menu

71 340 Cuda convertible...ANOTHER UPDATE

Started by anlauto, April 21, 2019, 09:50:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Man I would love a shot at restoring this one. If there was a broadcast sheet or at least the original fender tag, I would be placing a bid  :drooling:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1971-Plymouth-Barracuda-340-Convertible/192894885069?hash=item2ce96e5ccd:g:4rEAAOSwTmpcu0ll

Would love to restore it for anybody who wants to take the plunge  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Already at $15K any idea how high it might go ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Swamp Donkey

Man alive.  Is there any useable parts on that car besides the VIN?  And even the VIN needs a good hour to look decent.  I'm definitely not in the automotive restoration business, and it is super cool that talented people can bring vehicles like this back to life.  But me personally would pass.  It looks like way to daunting of a task for this guy. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

6bblgt

why?  :looney: there's nothing usable & half of what's shown is from another car

70 Challenger Lover

I've been following this too. Hard to imagine that this rusted out trashy shell of a Cuda is worth 15k or more to people but the same restored car in a Barracuda is barely worth 50k. Crazy! I could see it if it was a six pack or hemi car.

anlauto

Does this look like a better starting point ? Because at the end of the day it required almost as much metal work...

With this orange car you see exactly what you're getting....it doesn't matter if the quarter panel is half missing or was just rotted out and filled with bondo...you're going to replace it anyways... This car is original paint for the most part...look at the driver's side inner apron, firewall around the master cylinder, torsion bar crossmember, etc... it's in better shape then 90% of the car's I've restored.

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on April 21, 2019, 10:29:07 AM
I've been following this too. Hard to imagine that this rusted out trashy shell of a Cuda is worth 15k or more to people but the same restored car in a Barracuda is barely worth 50k. Crazy! I could see it if it was a six pack or hemi car.

The 1971 Cuda is the hottest car going in the highest demand of all muscle car Mopars and likely all muscle cars in general...and that means a similar 318 Barracuda is going to tag along.... the Barracuda convertible will always be worth more then a similar Challenger ...

In comparison a 71 318 Challenger convertible would likely cost half of the Barracuda you're looking at  :alan2cents:

Mymcodebee

It's possible!   Convertible specific parts look ok. ..  ok I looked closer,  convertible specific parts are pretty nasty!  Windshield frame is toast!!

Yellow71Cuda

Interesting.   :thinking:

The ad states "...still wears its original Hemi Orange paint", yet the tail panel isn't black, and has three holes (Barracuda emblem?) where there should be no holes (adhesive backed 'Cuda emblem) above the two holes where the "by Plymouth" emblem goes.  I also see no holes for the stainless tail molding.

Passenger side inner fender is a 1970 version (no indent for the vapor line bracket), which could be an early '71 build date like October '70, but the original motor is dated 1/19/71?

I also don't see rocker blackout, or the rocker molding studs. :rubeyes:

worthywads

I'm guessing the high bidder already owns the "donor"!

Mymcodebee

Good point on Cuda issues..  anyone seen body number pics?

anlauto

Very interesting points....I don't like it as much now... :bye:

6bblgt

it's already a cut up EV2 Barracuda hardtop with the convertible parts added to it  :takealook:

kdcarman

Quote from: anlauto on April 21, 2019, 11:15:54 AM
Very interesting points....I don't like it as much now... :bye:

I guess no Barrelcuda II? @anlauto

Cuda70-74

Its a project but the price anit nice
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger