Main Menu

71 Cuda vert guys...probably a good deal?

Started by GrandpaKevin, October 12, 2020, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Is it a good deal?  75K.  won't run because it's not getting gas.  Owner claims it needs a restoration.   
Seems it's close to the top dollar of the car anyway.   What, 100K for a restored vert 71?  Or am I wrong? 

Slick looking car anyway. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

That's a steal...bet it's already sold by now :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

For comparison, a very nice sassy grass 71 cuda 340 4-speed convertible sold on e-bay last month for $170K.  I know the person who bought it and is happy with the purchase.  Nicely optioned too.  Considering this car will take $80k - $90K to restore, and considering its a a brown auto which is a huge negative in my opinion, I think $75K is top dollar. Just my 2-cents. 

anlauto

Unfortunately you're not going to easily find an original "H" code 1971 340 Cuda convertible this complete, this documented and numbers matching 1 0f 102 ....
for under six figures these days... maybe some roached out project, but not something like this...

.........and don't start showing me 71 Challenger convertible for comparison...there is no comparison to a 71 Cuda convertible the most sought after muscle car of all time. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Crocha617

I messaged with him on Saturday night when he was asking for offers over $50k. He wouldn't share any information on the condition of the underside of the car or take any additional photos. He told me he had offers in the mid $50's and then an hour later over $60k. He seems to be having an auction and yesterday raised the price to $75k. He probably should of put it on ebay.

Finoke

Color holds it back. 75 seems high, but maybe.... who knows anymore. Covid hasn't slowed the Cuda vert market, especially 71s.  :banana:

YYZ

It's less about buying the options, and more about buying the right to restore what appears to be a numbers matching, relatively unmolested, original car.

If the original interior colour is white, it will look quite striking with the GK6 autumn bronze metallic paint once everything is fresh.

anlauto

If it was a 383 car I would say $75K, but it's a 340 car, much more desirable  :alan2cents:

Crocha617

A guy on facebook looked at it last week and said the underside was really crusty. Needs pans and inner rockers. He wasnt sure if the rails will clean up or not. It's a NY car and most of the ones I've seen weren't pretty underneath. That dirt floor under that carport certainly doesnt help.

cudaize

The beauty in this car is that it looks to be largely untouched in the way of component replacement or modifications which is hard to find with any performance mopar these days let alone a 71 Cuda convertible. 

TWOBOLTS

I took a look at this car. While I would never claim to be an expert, I assume there is a reason he's not taking more pictures.  His original ad stated best offer over 50k.  Later that became collecting offers to see what he can get, to now 75k.  While this is a pretty complete car the buyer is going to be upside down quick if trying to restore it.  Trunk floor was replaced years ago, the rest?

6bblgt

@TWOBOLTS    did you happen to get a fender tag pic?     :takealook:

Crocha617

That's exactly why I wanted more pictures. It looks exactly like I thought it would look when he wouldn't send me anymore pictures... You'd have to be really in love to pay anywhere near $75k for that thing.

71cudaddict

The tawny brown one on eBay was sold 2 years ago for 74k much nicer cars out there flipper has buy now 104k . This one is not a deal in my book.