Main Menu

71 Hemi Cuda Shaker Hood. NOT OEM

Started by Roadman, October 16, 2017, 08:13:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I don't think the hood is OEM.....but I've been wrong before :looney:

I first I thought it was a stupidly expensive hood until I see it comes with the complete air cleaner setup as well.... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

:iagree:
trim ring studs not very well centered & no drain holes in the reinforcement = NOT OE

Roadman

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 16, 2017, 12:16:54 PM
:iagree:
trim ring studs not very well centered & no drain holes in the reinforcement = NOT OE

Thanks @6bblgt , you guys know this stuff better than me.    :rebelflag"

716bbl

Check out the Hemi shaker base plate.
Not any of the 7 studs to mount to the adapter.
Also, looks broke on the back corner, maybe fiber glass instead of metal?
Definitely not worth the asking IMO.

6bblgt

the eBay ad doesn't state OE - some "professional" parts sellers usually know what they have & leave out the details

the bubble looks OE & the rest of the stuff, who knows or is hacked up  :tool:

Roadman

Ya know, when I posted this I could swear the seller stated in the ad that it was OEM. Now the ad doesnt say it. I wouldn't have posted OEM if it wasn't stated in the ad.   :sorry:  So can an E bay seller modify their ad ?

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Roadman on October 16, 2017, 12:38:14 PM
Ya know, when I posted this I could swear the seller stated in the ad that it was OEM. Now the ad doesnt say it. I wouldn't have posted OEM if it wasn't stated in the ad.   :sorry:  So can an E bay seller modify their ad ?

Yes in general they can modify it within certain limits

716bbl

RoadMan,

I was sure in the original ad it stated " OEM"

Scoop looks okay.
2 x 4 Base and accessory w/studs isn't factory Mopar.

6bblgt

Roadman

OK, so with what we know now, Is it worth what his starting price is . ???????????????? :rebelflag"

anlauto

Maybe $4000 or $5000 ? Some unsuspecting buyer will buy it  :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration