Main Menu

71 N code cuda vert at Mecum

Started by JH27N0B, March 19, 2022, 07:09:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Yea I was watching that....you can't really argue with real world sales....1971 Cuda convertibles are HOT HOT HOT  :inlove:

My friend owns a BS27N1B automatic as well...he'll be happy to hear that, as we wrap up the restoration on his, an original FJ6 / black car :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Cuda

I am so thankful  that I  don't like red,  billboards,  or automatics.

1971Y13

1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

70 Challenger Lover

So does that help values on the 71 base barracuda ragtops? I've been toying with the idea of moving onto something different.

E74cuda

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: E74cuda on March 20, 2022, 06:57:52 AM
Makes this look like a good deal!

https://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3-cars/col1/posting/107260

The 340 Cuda ragtops have been going at the $150k level. I would have put the 383 auto at 180-200k in my opinion.

Mr Cuda

I have  never  understood  the thinking that 383 cars are more  valuable  than 340 cars,  just  because a 383 is a "big block ". 340 is an optional engine.  And a better choice in most cars,  especially a convertible.

anlauto

A 340 should sell for more then a 383 all day long.....and YES I think your 318 is worth more today then what you paid for it, but still not in a high demand, expect someone to buy it, only to modify it into a clone or resto-mod... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

750-h2

Being an automatic certainly didn't hurt the value of that one! In a recent video, Gary Klutt of Legendary Auto mentioned that auto muscle cars are now pretty well bringing in the same $$ as 4 speeds??  Maybe young buyers are also getting into the market? :dunno:

Bill Rolik

A little bit of history, LOL............

Here is that very car sitting on my truck after I purchased it from the original female owner in the early 90's. I was delivering some parts to a customer literally 2 blocks away who had asked my about my 340 convertible. He says there is a car just like that AROUND THE CORNER! So we WALKED over and there it was in the driveway. She answered the door (of the parents house) and we talked for a bit. The car was not driven much anymore, and she was unsure about selling to me being the original owner but ultimately did so several months later. I sold the car to Bill Drake, and it later went to Cliff Selig in upstate NY. I had no contact or knowledge of its whereabouts with anyone after that.

She still lives in the same house, and if I were to call her up and show her what just happened, I am sure her heart would just give out right there!

Bill Rolik

Mr Cuda

Car looks better to me with no billboards  and  no spoiler.

YYZ

Quote from: anlauto on March 19, 2022, 07:14:00 PM

My friend owns a BS27N1B automatic as well...he'll be happy to hear that, as we wrap up the restoration on his, an original FJ6 / black car :bigthumb:

I missed that car by less than an hour back in 1999, though it certainly did go to one of the good guys

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on March 20, 2022, 08:05:56 AM
Car looks better to me with no billboards  and  no spoiler.

I agree, and why Magnums over the original rally rims  :looney:  why can't people just leave them alone.

anlauto

Thanks very much for that Bill, always enjoy your posts here on our E Body forum....miss talking with you at Carlisle, hopefully this Summer...
Alan