Main Menu

Is this V code vert for real?

Started by cuda hunter, March 21, 2020, 08:20:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://silodrome.com/plymouth-cuda-440-6/

Seems like it's fishy.  Odd rust, Odd paint.  new paint but patina paint.  What do you guys think?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Yes it's very real, I'm just not sure why the guy stuck billboards on it....looks pretty goofy now. It was set-up for the Mecum auction coming up if it's not cancelled.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

The car is well known, from the Mopar Ponderosa ...Greg Nelson maybe is the guys name  :thinking:

It's original paint I believe but the billboards were recently stuck on. :drunk:  I believe it was at the MCACN show a few years back in the barn find display. Also think it was featured in MCG :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

anlauto

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 21, 2020, 09:00:32 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 21, 2020, 08:44:56 PM
Any guesses on the amount ?

Ridiculous amounts of cash.

At one point I think he was asking $600K then I believe it was dropped to a more realistic $400K  :dunno:

71cudaddict

Came from the Blake collection in Phoenix it's real

scf100

Anyone lay eyes on this car?
I would be afraid to peel the onion to restore it after paying big bucks
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

chris NOS

i think the paint is too much gone to stay like this and i would restore it ... :driving:

anlauto

I think you could buy the car, do a full restoration and still come out on top  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

It appears most parts are there and I didn't look for rust but it looks fairly solid. A rough 318 car would cost a lot more to restore than this car would. I think I'd sooner buy a house with that money though.
Sheldon

RzeroB

Quote from: 71cudaddict on March 21, 2020, 09:38:03 PM
Came from the Blake collection in Phoenix it's real

Yep. Dave had it stashed away for years in one of those 40' shipping containers that he likes to use for long term storage. IDK just how long Dave was sitting on it, or where he got it from. Dave sold it to Greg a few years back and he added the billboards, wing and I think the Shaker ... I presume to make the "Desert Rat" more appealing to a potential buyer?? Guess we'll see if Greg's strategy pays off if the auction is actually held ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)