Main Menu

'72 Charger in Spokane

Started by ec_co, May 20, 2017, 04:30:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

never knew they put a slanty in the '71-'74 Chargers. rare and a cheap price if the $200 is to be believed

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/dodge/218344-1972-dodge-charger-slant-6rare.html

1972 Dodge Charger Charger Coupe
1972 Dodge Charger factory Slant 6 car. Only option being power steering. Check the fender tag if you'd like to decode it if you like. It's been de-coded though already. Car is rare.
This car is virtually rust free besides the surface rust(patina) from the baked paint. I have pictured the worst part of the rust and it is the small section there under the deck lid. Car sat in a desert climate for many years. I had over a 1200 dollars worth the work done to the original Slant 6 to bring back alive. Motor was stuck and needed internal work. Still could use a slight carb adjustment to make running perfect. It going to need a few things but overall a very sold car.
The doors shut with the slightest click. Undercarriage is very clean and nice.
This will be a super easy restore or just leave it as is. Bring a Slant 6 Charger to a car show and I can almost guarantee nobody else will have one. It will get just as much attention as a Hemi car and I'm not joking. Most people have heard of these but have never seen one. Production numbers: A little over 900 cars-133 with the WH23 vin for '72. This is one of those 133 still intact with the original motor.
Color combination: GA4(Light Gunmetal) with black interior.
I also have the dog dish hubcaps but I took them off and put another set on so they wouldn't get stolen. The rear "Dodge Charger" trunk lid emblems are gone though. Will need a windshield.
New arm rests in glove box,dash cap on the floor in front of the back seat(black)
There is a high chance that you will probably never see another one of these with a Slant 6 for sale at all. You might not ever see another of these in person either. Most of these got the /6 yanked for favor of a bigger engine or ordered with a 318 as the small V8. I know of 1 other one with a /6 and it's down in New Mexico but not complete.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Has to be a scam.  No way they are selling that for $200.   :huh:

JS29

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 20, 2017, 07:50:39 AM
Has to be a scam.  No way they are selling that for $200.   :huh:
:iagree: $2000. would even be cheap!!!

anlauto

I used a rust free 72 like that when I was restoring my 71 V code Charger.....We used the whole rear clip and millions of small parts.....that thing is an invaluable parts car for somebody. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Excellent builder for someone. Our local PnP had a 71 Slant 3 speed Charger a few years ago as well. I grabbed a few parts from it.
Sheldon

ec_co

the trees and landscape in the background are certainly right for the area, looks to be around airway heights or cheney area maybe. guessing they meant to list it for $2k. good deal for someone possibly. looks fairly solid for the most part, tons of good parts, but would also be cool to keep it a /6, pretty unique
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

This is right in @ScottSmith_Harms  stomping grounds.  Maybe he knows about the car?

rocketresto

It's "kind" of a scam.  That website takes previous eBay auctions and just posts the pictures and text from the auction.  The catch is they post it at whatever the "starting" price was.  It's click bate.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

ScottSmith_Harms

I've never seen it, if anyone wants to buy it and reaches a deal I'll check it out for them for free.