Main Menu

aar carb

Started by pink aar, August 14, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shane Kelley

I like how he says it has mechanical linkage for better throttle response. That's a joke. More like the king of bog!  The outboard carbs don't have accelerator pumps like a mechanical secondary carb. No when you floor it there will be no extra shot of fuel. Just a huge air leak until the motor can recover. He's not way out there on the pricing if they are the correct carbs.

Cuda Cody

That's not a 340 6 pack air cleaner and the carbs look to be a need of some work.  For that price you could almost buy all new parts.  Unless I overlooked something I think this might be for sale awhile. 

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 14, 2017, 09:50:37 AM
That's not a 340 6 pack air cleaner and the carbs look to be a need of some work.  For that price you could almost buy all new parts.  Unless I overlooked something I think this might be for sale awhile.
I didn't even catch that air cleaner issue. Looks like a built piece. I can see some welding work going on.

pink aar

A little high on the price

6bblgt

Chevy 3x2bbl carbs have the fuel inlet on the driver's side - MOPARS on the passenger side

pink aar

I didn't even catch that. A good eye

HP_Cuda

Weird never seen a mechanical 6 pack setup.

Seems the vacuum setup is for sale more often then not.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

1 Wild R/T

The outboard carbs do have accelerator pumps, the carbs were sold by by Mopar/Direct Connection as performance replacements for the stock vacuum secondary carbs.... The fuel line on the drivers side is how Mopar sold these carbs.... Goofy linkage too...  The air cleaner started life as a 440-6 non-fresh air hood air cleaner with the front shield.... Hard part to fine these days.... From the pictures it appears to be cut/modified but the pictures aren't great.....

RUNCHARGER

Looks like 4782 and 4783 Holleys. I've had several sets of them. They work very nice on a 440 however they don't look stock and running the fuel lines is a pain with everything else on the driver's side as well. Last set I found about 10 years ago brand new. Paid $600 for all 3 new carbs.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Hey since we are on the topic.

How do the vacuum carbs compare to the mechanical ones. Meaning what are the major differences while driving?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RUNCHARGER

All 3 of the 4782 and 4783's have accelerator pumps so once you have them tuned correctly you can floor it and it will jump right now with all 6 barrels fully open and 3 shots of fuel so it doesn't bog. I find them a lot nicer with a 4 speed too as there is no waiting for the vacuum secondaries when the close and then open again. The vacuum carbs are pretty good, the mechanicals are a little bit better. All 3 carbs run jets too so tuning is much easier.
Sheldon