Main Menu

BUYER BEWARE - EBay user 'garsige-0'

Started by EBody_or_Nobody, June 25, 2019, 05:11:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

EBody_or_Nobody

Folks, be warned if bidding on anything listed by EBay user 'garsige-0'.  He's got a bunch of E-body stuff currently listed on EBay.  Yesterday, he waited until the last minute on an auction for some A/C ductwork, saw that he wasn't getting as much as he wanted for the items, and abruptly canceled the auction with no notification to bidders.  He then relisted the items for twice the price (funny...no bids yet).  Can he do that by EBay's seller-friendly rules?  Absolutely.  Is it a lousy way to do business which lacks even a shred of integrity?  Absolutely.  Caveat emptor.

anlauto

Any person has  a right to value their parts at whatever they feel they're worth....If he thought something of his was selling too cheap and he didn't want to let it go..he should have every right to change his mind...
HOWEVER.....like you said ...caveat emptor.....The buyers may have spoken the true value of his part, and his expectations may be too high...but still, it's his choice on whether or not he wants to sell it. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
You should introduce yourself in the new member section too !
Thanks for the heads up  :bigthumb:

CudaMoparRay

70 Challenger Lover

I used to sell a lot on eBay and I know that once an item has bids on it, if you cancel, they can (and probably do) charge a seller fee based on where it was when it ended. They aren't supposed to end auctions with bids. It's seriously cheesy. List the items for a starting price as low as you are willing to accept knowing it might only get one bid.

I've ended items early that had no bids only to be hit up by people watching it. I don't care for buyers who wait until the last second to post a bid. if everyone did that, it would sort of defeat the whole bidding process. When they hit me up, I tell them they should have put a bid up when they had a chance.

The only seller I ever had issue with is ColumbiaParts. Those people are despicable and I wouldn't buy a thing from them if they were the only source and sold it for a penny. 

ViperMan

eBay is certainly a mixed bag...  I bought a universal dipstick tube off a seller with 99.6% positive feedback.  It arrived damaged.  No biggee - it happens.  I informed them, and they offered me a partial credit if I kept it.  I explained that it was for a show car and I'd rather have one in good condition.  They never responded.  I then looked into their account and saw that they sell DOZENS of various parts every day, and actually had significant neutral and negative feedback over the past 1, 6, and 12 months.  But they sold SO much stuff that it was a drop in the bucket.  And at that point I realized it didn't even matter what I did because I wouldn't be able to have any significant detrimental effect.  I repaired the part as best I could, left neutral feedback and moved on.

Burdar

I was looking at some non car related items on Ebay last month.  I found something that was priced reasonably and decided to hit the "watch" button so I could find it again easily once I was ready to order.  Within an hour, the price had been raised because they saw that someone was "watching" the item.  That made me  :verymad:

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on June 27, 2019, 01:17:42 PM
I was looking at some non car related items on Ebay last month.  I found something that was priced reasonably and decided to hit the "watch" button so I could find it again easily once I was ready to order.  Within an hour, the price had been raised because they saw that someone was "watching" the item.  That made me  :verymad:

You should have posted it here...get a 100 or so people "watching" it...see how high he raised the priced ...Then we all coordinate to STOP at the same time  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EBody_or_Nobody

My bad, Chryco, I thought I had posted to the Newbie section.  I'll square that away.  Thanks!