Main Menu

FK5 AAR 4-Speed on Ebay

Started by cuda dad, August 20, 2017, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

Is this tag legit?  I think it's getting treacherous out there.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/253102574093?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

71REDCUDA

Cuda Cody

Looks original to me too.  I assume the spacing error is what you are talking about?  I do not see anything that would make me believe it's not original.

cuda dad

I did think the spacing error was odd.  I have a picture of the tag two serial numbers after it with no spacing error.  I'm still trying to learn this stuff.

6bblgt

:iagree: tags appear legit & there should be an included b'cast sheet to back them up (or at least there used to be)

cuda dad

They didn't have those pictures in the ad.  Thanks.  I wish someone had some history on mine.

cudaized

Someone might. I'm guessing you reached out already?

Quote from: cuda dad on August 20, 2017, 09:08:41 PM
They didn't have those pictures in the ad.  Thanks.  I wish someone had some history on mine.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

cuda dad

Quote from: cudaized on August 21, 2017, 07:08:31 PM
Someone might. I'm guessing you reached out already?

Quote from: cuda dad on August 20, 2017, 09:08:41 PM
i have not yet on this sight that I can remember.  I will give it a shot.

Monsterzero

Cody, can you shed some light on the "spacing error" you're talking about? I'm a newbie and still trying to learn. Thanks!

Cuda Cody

@Monsterzero   yes, I can explain a little bit more.  And sorry I did not make it clear the first time. :sorry:   The fender tag has codes on it and normally those codes are separated by a space.  But if you look in the middle of the tag at codes J45 and J82 there is not a space between them.  It looks like the factory just forgot to put a space in there.  That's not something that is common, but the factory did make errors and that looks to be a simple spacing error.

And  :welcome: to the site.  Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.   :drinkingbud:

Quote from: Monsterzero on August 22, 2017, 05:52:04 AM
Cody, can you shed some light on the "spacing error" you're talking about? I'm a newbie and still trying to learn. Thanks!

Monsterzero

Got it, thanks!

BTW, what/who would be the best resource to try and find info/docs on an AAR 'cuda?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Monsterzero on August 22, 2017, 10:19:13 AM
Got it, thanks!

BTW, what/who would be the best resource to try and find info/docs on an AAR 'cuda?

This is a good resource.  http://www.transamcuda.com/

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  would be the first place I would check.  Then you have transamcuda and hamtramck historical.  They both have a lot of documents too.

Quote from: Monsterzero on August 22, 2017, 10:19:13 AM
Got it, thanks!