Main Menu

FK5 70 440+6 4 speed Cuda convertible ebay - real?

Started by njsteve, August 11, 2020, 05:12:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

Quote from: mccannix on August 11, 2020, 01:01:19 PM
It's all fine....until you get caught
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/steal-of-a-lifetime

Caught twice with two different cars and claims he did not know.  lol
Wonder what ever happened with the legal proceedings?

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on August 11, 2020, 02:54:37 PM
Funny thing about all the cars now listed in this thread is that  ( to the best of my knowledge) they all still exist, they all still have owners, they are all known to be frauds....YET....the car have not been confiscated by the Feds, they have not been crushed, they are still able to be bought and sold ????? :bricks:

I don't find it funny, more like SAD
the problem is in the teeth of the law, "in hiding" as mentioned above is not against the law - titling, registering & driving on public streets probably is
the current owners are not going to the police & hazzarding the loss of the car's "cost/value"
if you know who "screwed" you - it's a civil matter & the only ones who win at that point are the lawyers

one of the FAKE "blue" hemi'cuda convertibles has been confiscated twice & re-VIN'd with state issued VINs
a number of cars have been carted away from auctions with similar fates (fraudulent VINs removed and replaced by state issued VINs)

stating "it's been done forever" & turning a blind eye toward the issue is only helping to promote it - the hobby needs to police itself

ever see the '90s "Thomas Crown Affair"  the cops don't care what the wealthy do with their disposable income or if they get screwed out of it

6bblgt

AFAIK this car was removed from an auction venue & its FAKE VIN replaced

proving "WHO" perpetrated the fraud can be difficult if not impossible :vipermanhiding:

YYZ

In time, IMHO as long as a vehicle matching a certain VIN and options did exist at one time, then there will be a growing level of acceptance in viewing the unibody as a replacement part, as long as proper disclosure is made.

However, to start changing characters within the VIN itself is another matter entirely, and that appears to solidly meet the criteria for fraud.  L becomes N. H becomes J.  N becomes R etc.  BH23 becomes BS27

kdcarman

Quote from: YYZ on August 11, 2020, 04:40:28 PM
In time, IMHO as long as a vehicle matching a certain VIN and options did exist at one time, then there will be a growing level of acceptance in viewing the unibody as a replacement part, as long as proper disclosure is made.

However, to start changing characters within the VIN itself is another matter entirely, and that appears to solidly meet the criteria for fraud.  L becomes N. H becomes J.  N becomes R etc.  BH23 becomes BS27

According to the Hemmings article the VIN number was changed and they applied for fake title.  I would not think that is even possible.

RUNCHARGER

I agree, it's a shame that a nice 383 convt. is gone now really. Nothing wrong with a 383 convt. at all, I'd love to have one. I imagine under proper protocol, legally the car could be crushed, just a waste in the name of greed by someone.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 11, 2020, 04:01:08 PM
AFAIK this car was removed from an auction venue & its FAKE VIN replaced

proving "WHO" perpetrated the fraud can be difficult if not impossible :vipermanhiding:
That October 69 built AAR ( :rofl:) was at the Indy Mecum auction I was at last year, was it removed from that auction and fake VIN replaced?
I saw a FC7 70 hemi roadrunner convertible at the Mopars in the park show in MN 10 years ago outside getting rained on, and wondered why such a rare car was out in the elements like that.  I heard later it was a fake.

6bblgt

this purple one?

4 of the 3 built 1970 HEMI automatic Road Runner convertibles were at MCACN last November  :crazytalk:

JH27N0B

No, the one I saw had a different VIN, from squinting at a engine compartment picture I took there, I can sort of make out the FT.  It looks like it is RM27R0G233024

6pack

a couple years ago I searching for a E body. I stumbled across a $40,000 R code with a original HEMI.  The guy was up front and told me he rebodied it in the mid 80's after it was in an accident.  It sold to a guy on Ohio.  I posted the VIN here for future research on this car.
I looked it up in MY POSTS the VIN is JS29ROB126551.