Main Menu

Collection of convertibles, TA and AARs

Started by Shoooter, December 16, 2018, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Cuda Cody

Impressive!  But anyone that is highlighting a mecum T/A that sold for $198,000 and stating "taking offers on these cars. Any Low ball offers will simply be ignored." we can guess the prices on them.  I have a feeling they will be for sale for awhile.

70 Challenger Lover

Interesting ad...I sort of interpret the seller as saying, "Hey, I have a lot of really cool and valuable Mopars here for sale but I will only sell them for reasonable and fair prices."  Of course you never really know until you start talking to the guy how he defines that. We have all met the seller who shows you a rusty 383 car and starts by saying "not sure what it's worth but I saw a hemi car sell on Barrett-Jackson for ten million dollars so make me a reasonable offer..."   No point even trying to barter with a guy like that. You just know they are in La-la land.

I have a feeling if you met this guy and were willing to offer an honest price for one of them a deal would be struck. If I did go there, I'd go knowing that there were no bargains to be had, only opportunities to grab a rare car at market prices.

If he were serious about getting great prices, he'd get them into the sunlight and detail them out.

6bblgt

:iagree: specific ads for specific cars with details would help to sell them at reasonable prices

vague ads stating everything is great, waiting for "ALL" the money to fall from the sky  :bigmoney: likely won't happen

I was pitched the cars early November, the ads on Craigslist & eBay started mid-November, the amount of info hasn't increased

Fastmark

I inquired about the AAR and got a generic reply about the TA that sold for 198,000. Several other got the same reply. The guy selling appears to be Alan Fox from Ultimate Rides fame. I think you could show up with a ton of money and the cars would all still be crammed in the room but he would dig one out for you to look at if you layed lots of $100 bills on the hood. Probably pay over market value for any of them. He's just fishing for big bucks, looks like to me. Not free to giving out info on any of them that I could see.

RUNCHARGER

Too cheap to pay auction fees. Not serious about selling.
Sheldon

anlauto

Some one should step up and give him One Million dollars for all the cars, then restore or advertise them properly and sell them individually :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Maybe he could marry my sister, and I could help him with his car collection.

Mymcodebee

"The guy selling appears to be Alan Fox from Ultimate Rides fame."

I sold Alan 4 convertible 70 rags( 3 barracudas/1Cuda )in one transaction back in the early 2000's.
He sent up a 3 place trailer to get the barracuda convertibles and a shipper picked up the BS27H0 blue on blue and white car and headed to a new owner over by Chicago somewhere...