Main Menu

Where were cuda convertibles built

Started by Ns1aar, May 30, 2022, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ns1aar

don't have my vin with were they all built in the same facility I'm looking for what color the bottom of the car would be

YYZ

They were all made in Hamtramck. No E-body convertibles at the LA plant

Now, there are some that were made in Indiana about 20 years ago (Convertible Conversions) and Ken H has been doing conversions in Wasau, WI for a long time.

cuda hunter

Bottom of car would be primer colored right? Or would it be the dip color? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

Nothing was any different with the painting process on convertibles than any other Hamtramck built car of the time.
Though I've heard the pinchweld was painted black with a brush instead of sprayed like hardtops. I wonder why they'd do that differently?

Banana

Hi. I have a 70 Challenger Vert. Never heard about that "pinchweld" painted black with brush. I should know this, but please tell me where the pinchweld is located.

Thanks much

anlauto

Bottom of the rocker panel...it was blacked out on just about every E Body :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on May 30, 2022, 05:50:20 PM
Bottom of the rocker panel...it was blacked out on just about every E Body :alan2cents:

Were the pinch welds blacked out on 70 Cuda Verts? I've never seen (or noticed) one that was blacked out. 71's I've seen blacked out though.

Banana

Just found this. Blackout depends on body color.....

7E-Bodies

@Banana and @anlauto looks by the print that my F8 70 RT should be blacked out, but when expanding that print, it's quite blurry. Any sharper details?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration