Main Menu

Hemi for BS23R0B146416

Started by ec_co, July 30, 2017, 09:35:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

http://www.cars-on-line.com/gen3/classic-auto-parts/posting/2577?

Original 1970 426 Hemi engine from carbs to oil pan. Engine is out of an existing 1970 automatic Hemi Cuda VIN# BS23R0B146416 and runs fine. Cannot find matching car so engine is up for sale. Asking $50000 or best offer.
larry
(613) 213-9841
iroquois, ON
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

That should be for a Cuda built on A06.  If it's the one I think it is the engine has been for sale for a bit and the Cuda that it came out of is still around.  Maybe @6bblgt  knows where it is? 

6bblgt

I just have the VIN listed from the CANADA shipped HEMI car list.

1 Wild R/T

Asking $50000 or best offer.....  Yeah.... Good Luck....  :barf:

headejm

Is $50,000 the going rate for an original Hemi engine?  :notsure:

Roadman

50K    :notsure:  Well I guess if you needed it for a potential multi million dollar car maybe, other wise just have Tim  (FHO) build you one.   :rebelflag"

rocketresto

Just sold a numbers 70 Hemicuda engine to the owner and is was significantly less than that price.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: rocketresto on July 30, 2017, 12:44:22 PM
Just sold a numbers 70 Hemicuda engine to the owner and is was significantly less than that price.

Yeah, likely 15-25K less

340challconvert

The engine is only worth that kind of money to the person who has the matching car.
Just my humble opinion!   ::)

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 340challconvert on July 30, 2017, 04:33:10 PM
The engine is only worth that kind of money to the person who has the matching car.
Just my humble opinion!   ::)

Even then many would tell him to keep it... Might even suggest where he keep it... :rofl:

anlauto

That engine came out of a 1970 Hemi Road Runner that I tried desperately to buy  years back. The guy paid slightly over $40K for the Road Runner with the Hemi in it....I know I tried buying it for $40K and was out bid.

The Hemi is out of a Cuda also sold new in the same town. Member @mccannix knows the whole story.

The Cuda owner has already told the guy to pound salt.....however I believe that ad is a few years old, I don't know if he ever sold the engine or restored the Road Runner for that fact. this was probably 15 years ago now...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I know I would. I do think it will bring a premium from that one guy but maybe not that much. It could get near that though if absolutely everything was there and totally correct. It's not going to get there if the WP, Alternator, pulleys etc. aren't the born with.
Sheldon

mccannix

Alan you should have went a bit higher...$43,000.00 bought that Hemi Runner coupe, one of 33 with a 4 speed.
If I recall after talking to the seller whom I'd known for years, because of so much interest, his lawyer advised to go for sealed bids
Anyhow, that ad is for the Cuda motor is about 3 years old.
In 2003 or so I put the Cuda owner in touch with the new Runner owner who had the Cudas original engine, since I knew both cars well as they were sold new in my area.
I asked nothing in return , not knowing or having ever met either owner, just trying to help re-unite the engine with the Cuda
The Cuda guy offered the Runner owner $40,000.00 and he refused, then offered a rebuilt running Hemi and $15,000.00
and was again refused.
The Cuda owner was frustrated enough to let it go with no more contact.
Fast forward to several years back and the Cuda had a new owner whom the Runner guy did not know
and had no contact info for, so he went on a fishing expedition advertising the engine for $50,000.00
They eventually connected and the engine has been re-united with its original Hemicuda ...the price... $43,000.00 exactly what the Runner guy paid for the car.
The Runner is currently near completely rotisserie restored.
I recently got contact info for the Runner owner and talked to him on the phone and he filled me in on the re-uniting part of this story.
He spared no expense doing the Runner ( well I guess he should be able to with $43,000.00 play money ) and now has a close dated 70 block, dated set of 450's and so on.
Will be a pretty car done,.... in-violet, white vinyl top and interior, coupe, console 4 speed, purple rims, etc

anlauto

I'm glad to hear the Cuda got it's motor back......I would have loved a shot at restoring that Road Runner :crying: and I was certainly willing to go higher than $40K, but we weren't allowed to "bid" again or even know what the other guy was bidding.... :steamingmad: I had just sold my 71 V Code Charger for over $60K at the time.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Yup just confermed I will never own a hemi at these prices  :rubeyes: