Main Menu

I like this 71 Cuda

Started by anlauto, March 02, 2018, 06:06:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GCragtop

CanĀ“t go much higher than that, pretty rusty.

realn96

That car has been on ebay before .That is a pretty car done. But reserve not met at 20k  :dunno:
sure needs a lot of metal. If there is no Broadcast sheet and the fender tag is shot . that  cant help the sale.
I feel better knowing what I paid for my shaker 71 340 4spd now :yes:

cuda hunter

Is it even worth 20K since it doesn't have a fender tag or build sheet?

It's just a 71 bs with a 340 and no proof anything else is original on the car. 

Except
L31 of course. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

No doubt he's looked for a broadcast sheet, even though he says he hasn't.....that's just to give the buyer a glimmer of hope. There's likely a good chance the VON number can be saved from the tag which is most important, everything else can be figured out to make a new one. Heck...it just might end up being a shaker, rubber bumper car.... :haha: :haha:

When wanting a 1971 Cuda, four speed especially, the "cream of the crop" cars have dried up, so you need to start making exceptions to your list of "must haves".....documentation is the hardest one to get past, but matching numbers four speed in a great colour combo goes a long ways...

Think of how many beautiful restored cars there are out there without a broadcast sheet and questionable fender tag...

I would hope that this car would sell in the $20K range, but most likely the owner wants $25K plus :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

340challconvert

Looks like about 1/2 the tag rusted away.
I would be checking the seats and glove box for a potential build sheet.
Nice car but as others have said; car has a lot of rust
:takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

HEMICUDA

I remember when he bought it, he probably realized, when he got it, it's a complete rotted POS and not worth trying to fix.

Cuda Cody

I like the car lot too, but man that's a lot of rust.  It's kinda just so cool how it is not sure I would even restore it.   :inlove:

anlauto

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 02, 2018, 08:15:22 AM
I remember when he bought it, he probably realized, when he got it, it's a complete rotted POS and not worth trying to fix.

Every 71 Cuda is worth fixing, just makes it exceptionally hard with a $20,000 plus buy-in....
If this was my car, I wouldn't think twice about investing the $75K it's going to take to restore it..............oh yea....it would help if I had the $75K too.... :drunk:

Spikedog08

:thinking:  Show me a 71 that you don't like!!   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 02, 2018, 09:27:16 AM
:thinking:  Show me a 71 that you don't like!!   :dunno:
:haha: :haha:  There isn't too many 71 Cudas I don't like...I admit....I'm a fool for them..... :inlove:

Crocha617

I thought a member bought this car a few months ago???

E74cuda

I agree with some of the other responses. Over half of the fender tag is gone so a reproduction tag would be an educated guess at best. Most of the sheet metal will need to be replaced (or rebody). Then when you are finished and have spent your 75k on the restoration with even a 20k buy in what do you have at 95k? You have a rebody with a fake fender tag. That car is toast. To bad.

anlauto

Quote from: Crocha617 on March 02, 2018, 09:41:40 AM
I thought a member bought this car a few months ago???

Bob didn't buy this car, he bought the 71 340 shaker Cuda that someone posted to compare to this Cuda...