Main Menu

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Started by anlauto, April 14, 2019, 09:50:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So my buddy finally sold his column shift automatic 70 U code 440 RT last year....only to watch the new owner run it through the BJ auction in Palm Springs this weekend....The car sold for $72,600 USD with commission . NOT BAD AT ALL ! :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

challengermaniac

Hum, so what did your buddy sell it for?  He possibly would have done better had he removed the column shift!  And that seams like pretty good money for it at auction, just comes down to what it is, condition and having two guys that want it!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Cuda Cody

Two colors seem to always do good at BJ and Mecum.  Plum Crazy and Hemi Orange.  :alan2cents:  And white w/ purple is about as great as it gets.  Sweet looking car.   :wowzers:

anlauto

I think my buddy sold it for around $60K privately  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful car. He restored it correctly and it got what it was worth I think. It's pretty tough to sell cars in Canada for what they are worth although the east coast does better than the west coast as you are closer to the market.
Sheldon

Beep Beep Dave

I just happened to flip the channel from hockey and that car was on stage. I recognized the car right away...it was painful to hear them "discover" it was a painted roof car. I guess the seller would have made a couple of bucks on the flip.

Car was nicely restored and really turn key.

Dave

js27

Nice car--good money-hope the new owner enjoys it.
JS27

anlauto

I thought they had some pretty nice things to say about it, well deserved. :worship:

anlauto

Yea, talked to Dave, he sold it last Summer for $60K USD so the new owner/seller broke even at best  :P

Katfish

With commissions, I'd bet seller lost money on that deal.
Isn't it 20% minimum?

750-h2

Seller and buyer each pay 10%.

anlauto

Quote from: 750-h2 on April 15, 2019, 01:51:31 PM
Seller and buyer each pay 10%.

We were trying to figure that out...
The car was bid to $66,000. Meaning the buyer pays $72,600 correct, but the seller only takes home $59,400 ? And the house gets $13,200  :o WoW that really makes me want to take my car to an auction...

Is there auction fees on top of that to enter your car  :clueless:  then add transportation  :crying:

750-h2

Yes that's how it works. My brother recently ran his V code Runner at the Kissimmee Mecum auction. It was a Saturday car so his entry fee was $500 usd.  Earlier in the week the entry fee is a little less. Seller and buyer are solely responsible for their respective shipping fees.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: anlauto on April 15, 2019, 01:42:45 PM
Yea, talked to Dave, he sold it last Summer for $60K USD so the new owner/seller broke even at best  :P

Well that's different...I was basing it on what you said earlier when you said he sold it for $50k.

Dave

anlauto

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on April 15, 2019, 03:04:09 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 15, 2019, 01:42:45 PM

Well that's different...I was basing it on what you said earlier when you said he sold it for $50k.

Dave
Yup I was corrected...I thought it was around $50K but Dave told me $60K today... :dunno: