Main Menu

AAR Cuda RESTO-MOD=UPDATE-SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

Started by anlauto, February 19, 2023, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Work has started on my next resto-mod build. Taking a 1973 Cuda and building the ultimate correct appearing 1970 AAR Cuda RESTO-MOD. This car is being built for the purpose of resale. You can purchase it now and choose your colours and options, with a deposit now, and easy payments.
Check out my web site I've been doing OE restorations for close to 40 years now and have just jumped on the latest craze of building resto-mods.
We discussed the car you want, agree on a complete "all in" price up front, make a deposit and easy monthly payments and in roughly 12 months you'll be cruising...
Price is $170K CDN roughly $130K USD
Price includes:
The car fully restored
Front RMS coil over suspension with power rack and pinion steering
Rear RMS four link suspension with coil overs.
Wilwood power four wheel disc brakes, 6 piston and 4 piston rears
Electronic parking brake
Brand new crate 392 Hemi 495hp
Custom stainless exhaust with AAR side exiting tips
Tremec TKX 5speed transmission
Hydraulic clutch
Aluminum 4 core rad with dual fans
Vintage Air Conditioning
Dakota Digital dash
Ne-Relic Power Windows
Custom Cipher seats
Custom steering wheel
17 X 8" YearOne Front Rally Rims
Custom 17 X 12" YearOne Rear Rally Rims
Mini -tub with 345 rear tires
Current plans call for a custom mix of FM3 1970 Panther Pink/ Moulon Rouge paint with white interior, colour coded front and rear Elastomeric bumpers, etc... A Black vinyl top with rear window louvers to accent the matte black fiberglass hood.

Of course, if purchased now, all that is up for discussion, and the price can be adjusted. Price includes all taxes.

I also can purchase a 70 Challenger to build, or if you have a MOPAR already that you want built, we can discuss that too.
Check out www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Cuda

I hope someone buys it ahead of time,  and  picks Black.
Or White, Yellow, Red, Vit C.....
Or any other  color.

I do agree that these resto mod builds are the future.

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 19, 2023, 03:44:13 PM
I hope someone buys it ahead of time,  and  picks Black.
Or White, Yellow, Red, Vit C.....
Or any other  color.

I do agree that these resto mod builds are the future.

I wouldn't have an issue with that AT ALL....right now pink is my body mans idea, I'm still on the fence  :thinking:

I personally think resto-mods are just a fad like anything else, they may be the hot ticket right now....but six months from now, who knows :dunno:

I just know there's a lot of older guys like myself that love the look of the older cars, but appreciate the modern updates....That's why, visually, the car's I'm building don't appear "TOO FAR" from stock and still appeal to the mases in my opinion
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

...I just want to add....People have told me "Ah you should have put the Hellcrate motor in it..."......My answer that that is I'm trying to build nice "drivable" cars, do you really need 707hp on your nice Sunday cruise ? When are you really going to use it ??? The 392 has 495hp out of the crate, that's more then any of these cars had new, and they are still easy on fuel, what more do you need  :dunno: the black car pictured pulled 450hp at the rear wheels on a chassis dyno :clapping:

With that being said....for another $20K I'll put a Hellcrate in it, if that's what you really want  :burnout:

Mr Cuda

I like that your  body guy wants to make a bad color decision,
at your expense.
I know you had a poll, but that  AAR banner with the colors and  numbers of each,  made me think of the A4 silver one that was for sale  back in the 80's . Now they say there wasn't any, but there was, and silver with all that black  was stunning

anlauto

Quote from: Mr Cuda on February 19, 2023, 05:29:45 PM
I like that your  body guy wants to make a bad color decision,
at your expense.

:haha: :haha: I hope it doesn't come down to that :console:

1973Cuda

Do you make your own elastomeric bumpers or is there a vendor that makes them? I haven't been able to find any for my '71 B5 RT.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. BTW my '71 also has the 392 and I believe it's a perfect fit. We have had some drive train alignment issues but we have solved them to a large extent...

chaps70rt

Actually ERTL Collectibles made a 1:18 scale version for reference.   There are some on eBay.
70 Challenger R/T
440 4-BBL, 4-speed, shaker
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

anlauto

Quote from: 1973Cuda on February 20, 2023, 05:20:43 AM
Do you make your own elastomeric bumpers or is there a vendor that makes them? I haven't been able to find any for my '71 B5 RT.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. BTW my '71 also has the 392 and I believe it's a perfect fit. We have had some drive train alignment issues but we have solved them to a large extent...

@1973Cuda     Tommy the Chryco makes the best Elastomeric bumpers in the world and has been doing it for YEARS.... https://www.tommythechryco.ca/    :twothumbsup:

anlauto

Well, I very happy to announce that this car has been SOLD to a Gentleman in the USofA.... :worship: I received his deposit tonight  :bigmoney:.

I know you're all wondering what colour.....it's NOT pink  :dunno:

How does a quadruple black Resto-mod AAR Cuda sound ? Yup, black car with the standard AAR paint job, Black stripes, Black interior, and a Black vinyl top....Throw in a set of Tommy's elastomeric front and rears, black mirrors and you get the idea 8) Lots of shade needed..

HOWEVER....As with most Americans....never satisfied, and bigger is always better....ROSEVILLE MOPARTS will be suppling the REDEYE Hellcrate  :o engine for this build.....I'm excited to finally make the road trip to Michigan meet the guys in person :handshake:

anlauto

And for anybody else interested, I still have access to another Cuda and a 70 Challenger for a complete build or I can build your car :stayinlane:

torredcuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 07, 2023, 06:34:50 PM
Well, I very happy to announce that this car has been SOLD to a Gentleman in the USofA.... :worship: I received his deposit tonight  :bigmoney:.

I know you're all wondering what colour.....it's NOT pink  :dunno:

How does a quadruple black Resto-mod AAR Cuda sound ? Yup, black car with the standard AAR paint job, Black stripes, Black interior, and a Black vinyl top....Throw in a set of Tommy's elastomeric front and rears, black mirrors and you get the idea 8) Lots of shade needed..

HOWEVER....As with most Americans....never satisfied, and bigger is always better....ROSEVILLE MOPARTS will be suppling the REDEYE Hellcrate  :o engine for this build.....I'm excited to finally make the road trip to Michigan meet the guys in person :handshake:

Love a black on black AAR, can`t go wrong with that.  :bigmoney:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

YYZ

Quote from: anlauto on February 20, 2023, 06:48:17 AM
Quote from: 1973Cuda on February 20, 2023, 05:20:43 AM

@1973Cuda     Tommy the Chryco makes the best Elastomeric bumpers in the world and has been doing it for YEARS.... https://www.tommythechryco.ca/    :twothumbsup:
I don't know that @Chryco has done a run of Challenger elastomerics yet, but hopefully he will.  I'd even buy a pair on spec if it helps to get the numbers up to justify producing some.  I think I also have some straight cores as well.

Brads70

Sounds amazing! Should be stunning!  With that engine maybe you should step up to a strange  dana 60 from Cass? I've got 2 of them now in both cars with no regrets .  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on March 09, 2023, 11:16:27 AM
Sounds amazing! Should be stunning!  With that engine maybe you should step up to a strange  dana 60 from Cass? I've got 2 of them now in both cars with no regrets .  :alan2cents:
@Brads70 100% for sure going with a Dana 60....however I just found out we have a Moser right here in Canada, They are out West, but shipping seems really reasonable and no cross border or US price exchange BS...Don't get me wrong...Cass is "my guy" but I might just have to try Moser out... https://mosercanada.com/contact/