Main Menu

M46 marketplace

Started by TWOBOLTS, October 11, 2020, 08:53:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Vehicles
1970 Plymouth Barracuda
Portsmouth, VA · about a day ago ·
$15,000
About This Vehicle
Driven 91,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Black
Seller's Description
1969.5 barracuda
1 of 430 made
Factory sublime/ limelight green
Factory quarter scoop
318 2 barrel
Positrac

Motor does run car does move .. needs fuel lines to move again ..
great start to a barracuda project and in decent shape .. has typical rust nothing crazy can go more in detail if needed with better pics .. come check her out Less

More Map
Seller Information

Ean Davies
Joined Facebook in 2016

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I do find it interesting that the value of the car has risen by 3000 since the last time it was advertised.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

cuda hunter

Hey @TWOBOLTS , this isn't your car is it?  Seems unlikely since you have quite the stable of awesome pedigree cars.

cuda hunter

For anyone who might actually be reading this.  Maybe someone can shed a little light.

The a04 package is a foam bench seat but that is not in the car due to having a console and bucket seat option.  C16 and c55.
However the a04 package calls out power windows.  Would there be a reason why this car does not have power windows? 
Aside, of course, the event that someone in the history of the car changed the doors guts and abandoned the wiring harness for the electric windows front and rear. 

On the bright side, at least the owner is not advertising the car as a mod top any longer.  It's obviously not a mod top car.  Which would add some value to the car for a "collector". 

cuda hunter

the power antenna is gone from the car.
It does appear to retain it's 3 speed wiper set up from the a04 package. 

TWOBOLTS

Not mine. Just put it out there, knowing there is interest in these.

YYZ

Looks like a pretty decent project, especially since the M46 treatment seems to be unmolested.

IIRC the A04 'Basic Group' on an E-body was PS, variable speed wipers, LH chrome racing mirror and AM radio.   

I'm not aware of PW being part of any packages on an E-body

anlauto

Again....would be a neat piece of Mopar history to be correctly restored...but one would be a bit more then "upside down" on a car like this. :bricks:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

being an east coast car I find it hard to believe that there is little rust as advertised. 

I can see that the dutchman's panel has some issues with rust.
The rear window looks to have some rust on the passengers side.
the roof seam to rear quarter seams appear to have rust coming through the factory fill.
There is obvious water damage to the rear seat where there are probably holes through the rear window channel.
This meaning that the rear seat floor area is most likely holey and needs replaced. 
Where the drivers side rear bumper has been pushed into the rear quarter there is rust coming through the wrap around point of the rear quarter.  Looks to be more than just some surface rust from where the bumper pushed into the quarter.
The stripe on the car is not the factory stripe.  It was put on after the yellow repaint. 
The passengers quarter is obviously beat. 
Passengers quarter also appears to have a straight seam on the top of the quarter that shows it was replaced during the repaint.
But, did it have a second green repaint as there is yellow paint peeling on the rear quarter with green under the replacement seam. 
With the size holes that I can look through the rear pass quarter I have to assume that the inners are also in need of replacment
Passengers side rocker also shows some rust coming through but the picture is so dark it's hard to tell the extent of it.
The rust spots that are coming through the passengers front fender and on top of the roof passengers side are concerning.
That seems to signify to me that when the repaint was done there was only a scuff job done and that sanded through multiple spots of the factory paint to only be covered up with a single layer of paint.  No primer on top of factory paint, just a paint layer.
This being the case I think the entire repaint job is suspect and I have to assume there are multiple areas that have bondo and poor body work that was performed.
unfortunately the firewall to cowl seam also shows multiple places where the rust is coming through the poor black out paint. 
The deck lid on the drivers side dropped rear lip shows a little rust coming through on the corner.
rear bumper is bent and is trash as well as the bumper extension being bent in.
passengers side roof seam is also showing rust through the paint. 
On the drivers side inner sill, just in front of the sill plate there is what appears to be a rust hole that would indicate a rocker replacement on the drivers side. 
I would assume that with most barracuda's even in dry states, the trunk pan needs replaced. 
Since the floors are covered with carpet and there is apparent water leakage in the rear I'm going to assume the floors need replacement also. 
With all this, I'm wondering just how solid the frame rails are, especially the rear frame rails.

Basically this car needs every piece of metal that my other two ev2 383 d32 and d13 need.  But this car is a 318 auto which is obviously less desirable than the L or N code car.  And I paid half the price in recent times for the L and the N. 

cuda hunter

upside down would indeed be the way to describe this car.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car.  FJ5 is super cool. 
But the price is just way too strong.  I don't even want to ask for more pictures as I feel like I"m just kicking tires since I know the fella won't come down to what the true value of the car is. 
Maybe that price is appropriate for a pro mod guy.   :'(

cuda hunter

Quote from: TWOBOLTS on October 11, 2020, 09:20:03 AM
Not mine. Just put it out there, knowing there is interest in these.

Thanks twobolts!  I really appreciate you listing the car up for those of us who have interest in these lowly bh cars.   Hopefully one day a listing will be posted of a car that is actually a drivable or survivor status car. 

cuda hunter

Quote from: YYZ on October 11, 2020, 09:27:37 AM
IIRC the A04 'Basic Group' on an E-body was PS, variable speed wipers, LH chrome racing mirror and AM radio.   
I'm not aware of PW being part of any packages on an E-body

According to the 7th edition production option code book A04 has these options.

Basic radio group
power brakes, front air foam bench seat, LH outside remote chrome mirror, windshield wipers 3-speed variable, power windows, music master am(or any chosen radio)power antenna, power steering, deluxe wheel covers (class I or class III)