Main Menu

(SOLD) NOS 71-74 rear challenger bumper on FB Marketplace-(SOLD)

Started by Challenger in NC, September 06, 2023, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

If that was for a 1970 I'd be all over it . ( no slots) Always been an annoyance  how the repops fit crooked.... :deadhorse:

198D13

Quote from: Brads70 on September 06, 2023, 01:33:00 PM
If that was for a 1970 I'd be all over it . ( no slots) Always been an annoyance  how the repops fit crooked.... :deadhorse:

It is actually ONLY for very late production 1971 cars and all 1972 Challengers, nothing else.

challenger3406pk

I actually bought this last week. I guess he never took it down. Yes , it is really a late 71 to 72. I put it on my 73 which I removed the bumper fillers. Super straight and beautiful condition. BUT, I did run I to a problem. As many of you know, NOS doesn't always mean right. Apparently this was made incorrectly from the factory and that's why it's still around. The lower holes for the main bumper brackets are about an inch too low. If you look closely you can see how close to the bottom of the bumper they are. When I went to mount it, only the outermost holes lined up. Ugggh. The inner holes weren't even close. So I just put the bolts in those holes. Still plenty sturdy and waaaayyyyy better than the repro I had on there. NOS may be nice, but not always guaranteed to fit right....just ask about the NOS passenger fender I used...that's a whole other story!!

EV2RTSE

challenger3406pk

Yes, I know 73's are different. I have 70-72 brackets on there. I took off my repro 72 bumper to put this NOS one on. Even compared it to some others I have, the inner holes are definitely in the wrong place. Even with the brackets off the car, there was absolutely no way of getting the 2 holes to line up. Apparently it was a stamping mistake. Never fails... :crying: