Main Menu

NOS Shaker Base Plate...

Started by anlauto, October 08, 2020, 11:21:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

@mccannix Terry, do you have any original 383 bases kicking around ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mccannix

Any shaker stuff that I have I wish to keep at this time.

Tell Glenn I'll trade him one for the Belfour goalie stick and the vintage mid century modern Danish pendant lights....oh and if he throws in the cheese tray and wood bow buck saw. :stop:

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on October 08, 2020, 02:28:47 PM
Any shaker stuff that I have I wish to keep at this time.

Tell Glenn I'll trade him one for the Belfour goalie stick and the vintage mid century modern Danish pendant lights....oh and if he throws in the cheese tray and wood bow buck saw. :stop:

:haha: :haha: Ain't that the truth eh ? He's getting quit eclectic these days... :looney:

If you hear of any 383 base plates...he's NEEDING one right now....his convertible is all painted and ready to re-assemble this Winter... :drinkingbud:

Fastmark

Yes, I've got one. It's an original 383 base that was installed on a 440. They have a spacer on the k frame so it would fit. 🙄 I don't need to trade but I would sell it. I was thinking about listing it but never Have yet. I figured on oem base should bring slightly more than a repop but not that much. I've got a kijiji account so I sent him a message. Thanks.

Fastmark

I contacted him but the exchange rate is not helping. I think he is selling his way too cheap for NOS 340. I don't need to trade. I need to sell mine. He can get more than I'm asking for my oem 383 but duty fees don't help.

anlauto

He's asking $470.00 USD($600 CDN) for his, what do you think it might be worth ? What do you want for your 383 one ?

The introduction of quality reproductions has really kick the prices of this stuff in the butt....

mccannix

He's not really asking $600.00 for it, he just put that figure there to represent a value.
He states it is not for sale but would sell it only if he found the one he wants, and he's hoping in that price range.
There's enough people out there who would pay $600.00 ( $470.00 US ) in a heartbeat for it,... Glenn knows repros sell for much more than that.
OEM is always worth more than repro.

Fastmark

The repops are $550. They are close but not 100% correct. If you have a real shaker hood car, you want a real oem shaker. I think my 383 oem should bring more than a repop. $600-700 range. His is NOS. It should bring more than that.

I just made a deal to trade a customers real A12 base for a repop on his clone car. I bought him a repop from a Tommy and gave his some labor on his engine work I'm doing for him. I paid $899 for the repop. A real base can easily cost 2300 to 2800.

anlauto