Main Menu

Not an E-Body Hemi GTX on Craigslist

Started by DeathProofCuda, August 24, 2022, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

Anybody familiar with Grand Rapids Auto Sales LLC? 

Not an E-body, but the asking price on this GTX can't really be $45K can it?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/grand-rapids-1969-plymouth-gtx/7523028553.html

Is this a Dudek car?

anlauto

I think the ad is missing a "1" in front of that "45" :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

I just recently came across and ad for a REALLY nice T/A for 52k, supposedly at a dealer down in Alabama. For the price of the car I'd sell all my junk and buy it instead it was that good of a deal. I even emailed them asking for more pics, which they promptly sent. However after googling the VIN I found it sold at Mecum the year before for something like 79k...  And then googling the address came back with some sketchy street views of the building and remarks of 'some users are reporting this business does not actually exist'   :haha:

Anyone see a pattern here?

GTX above:
http://grandrautosales.com/

T/A:
https://doublebautosales.com/

Filthy Filbert

Shady, shady shady.

And their website has to be a complete scam.    Google the address and take a look at street views...    Front side of the building was taken in the winter.  Front door has tall grass in front of it and clearly nobody ever uses it.   Front windows have boards over them from the inside.   Building looks abandoned.
approach the corner and you see a black GMC pickup parked there with no other vehicles around.     One more step over and suddenly it's summer time, The same black truck is parked there, and there's a guy power washing a commercial truck, and you can see more commercial trucks inside the building.

Not a classic vehicle to be seen anywhere...

Cuda_mark

Those street view pictures can be more than a few years old. They usually have the date at the bottom of the street view. I can't tell by the years of the trucks in the picture but if it was from 3 years ago...a lot can change in 3 years.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: Cuda_mark on August 25, 2022, 05:07:29 AM
Those street view pictures can be more than a few years old. They usually have the date at the bottom of the street view. I can't tell by the years of the trucks in the picture but if it was from 3 years ago...a lot can change in 3 years.

how about 6 months?

The summer view of them washing trucks was 1 year ago...

70_440-6Cuda

This is a pretty common scam; the seller will give you a story of how the car was overseas or some such nonsense and have an urgency to get you to send a deposit.  Of course that is the end of that if you do.  When I have been seriously interested, I will email for a phone number to actually talk to someone.  Once I have the number I just call and ask to see the car in person, if they won't set an appointment then its time to walk.  Generally they only answer through text.  Pretty easy to weed out the scammers.  Cool car though...
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....