Main Menu

I have the 70 Hemi For an E Body Looking for the Car to reunite

Started by eshankin50, September 26, 2022, 04:44:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

eshankin50

I have I 1970 E Bodie Hemi that I was going to sell and It was suggested I put it on here to see if it can be reunited with the car it came from. Casting Date is May 26 69
So the numbers are 0B201242 and the Marysville Number is MN426304861317

It would be amazing if this car is still out there.
Thanks for your help.

eshankin50

Here's a Pic of the vin. Sorry, I thought I attached it to the original post.

cuda hunter

Thanks a bunch for posting it up!  Hopefully there will be a very happy owner soon. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

BIGSHCLUNK

floorit426

6bblgt

ratroaster

Dan can you explain the last 5 digits of the engine serial#? I don't understand the all original EV2 4 speed Challenger that just sold on Bring A Trailer has a later assembly date 3049 than this one but the last 5 61058 digits are earlier than this one 61317.   

6bblgt

BS23R0B201242 ***
SPD - B24 - Monday 11/24/69 *** engine assembly date 3048 Monday December 1, 1969 *** 61317 = engine unit number (double diamond stamp = oversize lifter bores & ??)
VS
JS23R0B204037 ***
SPD - C01 - Monday 12/1/69 *** engine assembly date 3049 Tuesday December 2, 1969 *** 61058 = engine unit number (Maltese cross = undersize crankshaft)

both of these cars had "Actual Production Dates" after their "Scheduled Production Dates"

I don't think the engine unit numbers are sequential in the same manner as a VIN sequence number - there may be more information contained within ???
Chrysler Marine certainly did NOT assemble 61,000+ HEMI engines in totality by the end of the 1969 Calendar year (or 259+ HEMI engines between 12/1 & 12/2)
perhaps there is an assembler or assembly line indicated in the unit number
maybe the block was tagged with the "unit number" before assembly & the big lifter block was selected for assembly before the undersize crank engine  :dunno:

ratroaster

Ah I see...maybe the 1st 3 digits of the unit# are a lot number of some sort along with an assembler id. That would make sense. I didn't realize this code hadn't been cracked. With your production info any idea how late production was for these cars build date was? Thanks for the info!

70_440-6Cuda

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Just curious. Do you have the complete engine or just the block or some combination of the two?

Would be great if it was reunited with the original car. However if that doesn't happen I may be interested in it.
Thanks.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel