Main Menu

Power Window set up

Started by 71GranCoupe, February 16, 2018, 07:01:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

:iagree: I've added them to verts too without the notching & never had any interference....

larry4406

Thanks for the info that the notches are not needed on the quarter regulators for verts.

Very odd that the factory would go thru that process if not needed though.

6bblgt

the notch is probably required clearance due to design or engineering standards used by Chrysler when the car/parts were designed -  or some obstruction was removed or changed before final design approval

Mymcodebee

Wow.  Had no idea these were this pricey.  I bought a complete set off Ken Hopperdietzel 15+ years ago and am finally getting ready to install them in my Cuda now.  I paid $1,000 back then which I thought was crazy!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Mymcodebee on February 22, 2018, 11:07:06 AM
Wow.  Had no idea these were this pricey.  I bought a complete set off Ken Hopperdietzel 15+ years ago and am finally getting ready to install them in my Cuda now.  I paid $1,000 back then which I thought was crazy!

When you install them do yourself a favor & add relays now... going back later when they are sluggish is a PITA...   Member @crackedback has a kit to add the relays...

Roadman

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on February 22, 2018, 12:36:37 PM
Quote from: Mymcodebee on February 22, 2018, 11:07:06 AM

When you install them do yourself a favor & add relays now... going back later when they are sluggish is a PITA...   Member @crackedback has a kit to add the relays...

:iagree:

larry4406

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 22, 2018, 10:16:01 AM
the notch is probably required clearance due to design or engineering standards used by Chrysler when the car/parts were designed -  or some obstruction was removed or changed before final design approval

Yeah you would think there is a reason but the experience of a couple respected posters here say that the notching is not necessary. Hard to believe ma Mopar would waste money on making special quarter vert regulators when unnecessary. Perhaps an artifact of a design change as you suggest.

6bblgt

if Chrysler required 1/4" clearance on any moving pieces at every possible adjustment & stack-up of tolerance to ensure ease of assembly on the line - that's how they will engineer the parts

the fact that parts can be made functional in their non-intended application doesn't translate to Chrysler wasting money or time  :dunno: