Main Menu

Shaker hoods, `cuda

Started by torredcuda, February 10, 2021, 05:52:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

linky no worky.  What's the price on the hoods? Original?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

Works for me, you have Facebook?

"1970 real shaker hood not after market came off 1970 cuda $5000.00 450.00 on fiberglass in great shape serious inquiry s on on the hoods"
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Cuda_mark

Quote from: torredcuda on February 10, 2021, 06:20:30 AM
Works for me, you have Facebook?

"1970 real shaker hood not after market came off 1970 cuda $5000.00 450.00 on fiberglass in great shape serious inquiry s on on the hoods"

$5,000????? That seems steep now that you can get high quality AMD versions.

anlauto

Don't worry about the link not working....at $5000 the hood is not going anywhere any time soon :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2021, 06:33:10 AM
Don't worry about the link not working....at $5000 the hood is not going anywhere any time soon :alan2cents:

@anlauto  What do you think is a reasonable price nowadays?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2021, 07:49:16 AM
$2500-$3000, $3500 MAYBE :alan2cents:

AMD's is $900 so those numbers you threw out seem much more reasonable than $5000.
BTW - the AMD website says the cuda shaker is out of stock....

Skdmark

NOS would be $5000k and up.
I would think $3k +/- $750 pending condition, trim ring etc.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

StanP

The AMD Shaker Hood was recently installed on my 73 'Cuda along with AMD front fenders. The '71 gills were a separate purchase. Still need to get a better fit on the hood but waiting until the engine is upgrade.

392 Cuda

Quote from: StanP on February 10, 2021, 06:17:20 PM
The AMD Shaker Hood was recently installed on my 73 'Cuda along with AMD front fenders. The '71 gills were a separate purchase. Still need to get a better fit on the hood but waiting until the engine is upgrade.

@StanP - Looks good! Are you converting the rear reflectors to match?

StanP

Not planning on any additional body work at this point. Side markers and rear parking/backup lights will be for a '73. I actually prefer the 'circle' lights as opposed to the square lights.

anlauto

I added a shaker to this 1974 Cuda....looked right at home  8)

StanP

Looks great. I like the color (surprise). My car was originally Black with a white stripe and a white vinyl roof. I am undecided whether to have the vinyl installed once the car is painted Black.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: StanP on February 11, 2021, 10:12:13 AM
Looks great. I like the color (surprise). My car was originally Black with a white stripe and a white vinyl roof. I am undecided whether to have the vinyl installed once the car is painted Black.

Black cars with white vinyl roofs looks awesome, in my opinion. If your car came that way, I would definitely do it.